LegacyGT.com

Common 2009 Legacy GT Problems?

Hey guys, I am in the market currently for a 2009 Legacy GT (possibly spec.b). I am going to take a look at a car this Saturday in hopes of working the financials in order to fit my budget, however I was hoping to get some guidance as to the common problems these cars experience. I come from the VW/Audi scene so I'm a little lost with the Subi's!

Any help would be appreciated for a heads up so I don't go blindly in this sale!

Thanks in advance,

Meredith

It's a problem, but I would not call it huge. Just something to know while researching a purchase. There's an 'official' range of affected VINs, and if you stay well outside of it (some late-production 2009 models) you should be fine. For cars in the affected range you can either make dealer look-up service history to see if the engine has already been replaced (good), or use this as a bargaining tool and have them come down in price and/or throw in an extended warranty or smth (although engine failure should be covered for 5years/60k miles anyway).

I've had my 2009 for a year and 17500 miles, without any problems. The bad rod bearings were a legitimate issue, but the affected models should have already revealed themselves. So if its got a clean history you should be fine.

Other than that, the fog lights are aimed too low, and that's about it. There's no cat in the up-pipe so you don't have to worry about that failing and destroying a turbo.

Archived