LegacyGT.com

Under 2K RPM: Poor Throttle Response

need bb

I have a stage 2 tune by Infamous and the car has been running great, but the car the throttle response engaging the clutch has always been difficult. I know the car isn’t NA, but under 2K there is a half second delay between pushing the accelerator down and having the engine respond. Is anything I can do in the tuning department to help the throttle responding when engaging the clutch so the RPM’s don’t jump around so much?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
I think I know what you are referring to, I feel it in regular sport mode, but in sport sharp mode the response is much faster. I see you have an 05 so you don't have the SI drive to try it. I remember seeing the different settings in the map for each SI setting in romraider, so I would think you could just adjust your settings too. However I would leave that for someone who knows what they are doing.

Light weight flywheel is the ticket IMO.

I went from the stock dual mass to a Spec 15 lb flywheel. It's pretty noticeable.

But also remember that this is a low compression turbo motor and the "NA aspect" of it will seem pretty crappy.

I'm not sure what to think.. Why would you need throttle response under 2k rpm? Downshift into your power band if you want throttle response. 1600-2400 rpm is more ideal for maintaining your speed than accelerating.

If you're talking about just moving through that range in normal driving, then you could talk to your tuner about upping the throttle mapping a bit in those areas. Even in normal driving though, you should only be at that low of an rpm in the first couple of gears, and briefly at that.

Archived