LegacyGT.com

Ebrake leather coming apart

brum

Since your original leather is already coming apart, you might be amenable to what I did....

I grafted on a MOMO PitStop, one of their faux-wood deals (it matches the faux in my Ltd. decently well) handle.

The process was destructive - I had to cut/grind away much of the leather on the factory handle. Since yours is already coming off, I figured that this wouldn't bother you much.....

You'll also have to somehow come up with a way to extend the factory e-brake release-switch/button. I did it by using one of those rubber adapter grommets that came with some of my past slip-on shift-knobs, just pasting it in-place using 3M Automotive Trim/Molding tape, overtop the factory button.

The final thing you'll need is a shift-boot with a collar that'll cover the one on the MOMO. RedLineGoods should still have the pattern that I had them custom-make - but if you are using a different unit, you may have to send the handle to them, to have them custom-design something to fit your unique application.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ He meant the actual handle, I believe. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived