LegacyGT.com

I'm back, and I'm keeping my car

Hey everyone!

Well, after a long hiatus from the site, I'm back. I'm sure nobody here remembers me, and that's fine - it's been over three years since the last time I posted. :redface: It's really great to see all the activity - I have a lot of reading to catch up on!

I purchased my beloved '05 Legacy GT wagon well over five years ago, so I have really been getting "the itch" lately to look for a new car. It's not because I don't like my Legacy (more on that in a minute), but just because it's my personality. I've had my eyes on a variety of different cars, including M3s, S4s, Impreza STis... even a brief mental flirtation with a Challenger. I can see myself driving any of these cars, but there's one problem: There's no way I want to sell my Legacy.

Quite simply, it is the best car I have ever owned.

It can seat four comfortably (five in a pinch), it can haul as much crap as my pickup truck used to, the AWD is simply incredible, and it is still... STILL a total blast to jump on the throttle on those onramps. Heh, I have surprised more than a few die-hard car enthusiasts in my passenger seat with the undeniable "sleeper power" of the Legacy. :p

So then, apparently I already own my perfect car. Somehow I already knew that, but it wasn't until last month that I turned the corner on the realization. Someone at a coffee shop offered to buy my car from me on the spot - MT wagons are apparently quite difficult to find these days. I also have fairly low miles on my car (only 45k), so it has a lot of life left in it.

Because I have now decided (again) that I am officially a Legacy enthusiast, I thought I should come back to the site and be a little more active - maybe go to a meetup or two as well. I also want to fix up my car a bit, and I have a lot of brain picking to do. I don't want to go crazy, but there are several refinements I'd like to make. I'm thinking a turbo upgrade is in my near future, as is a set of rims and maybe some suspension tuning. I officially have no idea what I'm doing, however, but I know I'll get there eventually. I'm here to post, learn, have fun, and hopefully even make a few new friends. :)

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you around the boards. :D

He's back and he brought the modding bug with him.

Have fun with it, I started off with some springs this past spring and 6 months later I've dumped way too much money into the LGT. But I love every minute of driving it, so its well worth it.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Archived