LegacyGT.com

Haven't driven in a month

Away at college. Haven't been in a car in a month. Rarely in any kind of vehicle (except for the T here in boston, maybe a couple times a week), and miss my subie like crazy. Next week I get a chance to join the baja sae team here though, so I'll be around welding, roll bars and carbs whenever I want to go to the shop! Hopefully going to test drive the buggy before the year is out in Alabama...

Basically I'm bugged. I miss working on my car more than actually driving it haha...there's no substitute for that here in the city really until I get more involved in the college life.

I'm exactly the opposite. I have to have my car for college since I drive to it. I have put over 2,000 miles on my car in the last month. I attend classes locally but some of the classes I wanted to go to are 50 miles away so I drive a to them a few days a week.

Are you guys not allowed to have them on campus freshman year? I know down at University of Idaho a lot of people didn't take their cars because they didn't want to pay $150 for a parking permit every semester. Plus there is always the fear of vandalism.

our parking fee is over a grand because it's boston, but I would've paid it. My folks stopped me though, and as I thought more about it, I'd be really stressed driving my car in the city. It's stop and go traffic, and nothing really over 30mph until you hop on the turnpike. And I would've been putting alotta stress on my subie too...rao has an excellent thread on driving your car I think.

Regardless, I still miss her :( hopefully I can get home columbus wknd. I wish I was more local so I could commute to classes lgtlover!

Wow, that is ridiculous! I would glady pay $150 a semester at U of I after hearing your guys's costs.. For my local college I paid $25 to register 2 vehicles and I can park anywhere on campus... I kind of enjoy the commuting, I like driving my car but sometimes I'm just like fffffff why did I choose to do this?!

You'll get home soon enough though! Once you drive it you will feel like you were never gone!

I hope it starts! If it doesn't, it gives me something to do :)

So what's been up with everyone? I haven't really been on the forum lately, but I've heard bits and pieces of a new redesigned engine series by subaru and othe little news. Sorry I can't keep up with everything here, it's just been so busy being a frosh at college.

I took a 4 day trip to NYC and didn't realize how much I missed my car until I got in it and drove out of the airport. When I was in college at WVU you had to find a spot on the street or pay out the a$$ to park in a lot half a mile away from campus. Of course I had a beat up '85 Cutlass, so I wasn't yearning to hop in her and go for a cruise :lol:

I go on my Honeymoon in a week and I don't want to leave my suby for a week! At least I'll be in the Bahamas staying busy with my other love ;)

I feel for ya!

Archived