LegacyGT.com

Factory Alarm Speaker Location

Can anyone post a picture of where the Factory Alarm Speaker is located? I read online where someone put a foam ear plug in their vehicles alarm speaker (theirs wasn't a Subaru, but I am thinking it will work the same). I guess it dampened the arm and disarm chirp so it wasn't so distracting. I am guessing the arm and disarm speaker is the same as the factory alarm speaker (please correct me if I am wrong). I am thinking even if the hole is too large for an ear plug I can figure something to throw in there to quiet it a little.

you can disable the chirping.

I am aware of that, but to be honest, I really like to know when it is armed.. I just wish opening the trunk and the doors didn't make it chime. So, I am thinking of modifying it a little. I cant seem to find where the noise is coming from however.. I didn't want to drive my neighbors crazy trying to find it, so I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction as to where the speaker is..

If I remember correctly the lock unlock chirp is actually a different element and is located next to the horn,, and the horn is what sounds when your alarm goes off so I don't personally think it would be a good idea to try to quiet your horn down. IMHO

You could check there.

Archived