LegacyGT.com

Short shifter

I am looking to put a short shifter and all new bushings in soon but I have on problem. I have a 5mt swap with what I have been told is a JDM tranny. It has a cable clutch so I an assuming it is from a 1st gen leggy?????????:confused: Is there a difference between the 1st gen and 2nd gen trannys as far as the shifter goes. This weekend I plan on taking it all apart and see what it looks like down there...I am afraid because of how sloppy it is.:eek:

Also I know B&M, kartboy and the ebay special are my options. Is on better than the other? The ebay ones look to be under $50 plus $65 for the kartboy bushing kit and a few bucks more for springs from the dealer. Or just go with the kartboy/B&M kit with the bushings.:confused:

Cable clutch? Hahaha, oh wow.

Should have gone with a turbo box mate. And no, 1st gens are hydraulic. The cable clutch box's are the shitty things you find on 1.8's and such.

Any shifter should work, i should think. I'm running an impreza STi short shifter in my legacy. In fact, i recomend one of those, they are faaaantastic.

My cousin's '98 Legacy L wagon had a cable clutch and I believe he had an STI short shifter installed at one point.

If it was my choice I wouldnt have put that tranny in. I might just find another one this summer and swap it in

Why mess with something that works haha

Archived