LegacyGT.com

is something bad about to happen??

So I just put 52K miles on the car over the weekend, and I'm starting to get a little nervous. Ever since I bought the car I noticed that the car had a bit of a rough idle (previous owner said its typical of subaru boxer engines) and I feel like it might be getting even worse now. The other day on a cold start I noticed it was making a bit more noise than usual. On top of that, today after driving the car no more than 5 minutes I noticed a bit of white smoke coming out of the exhaust after parking it (nothing too bad, but still made me wonder) I'm due up for an oil change (probably gone about 100 miles over the recommended change time), and I was wondering if the white smoke could be due to not getting an oil change recently, or is it potential issues with the turbo/engine.

Additionally, as some of you might have seen in my other posts, I have a bad ECU according to my local dealer, and I still need to get it changed out , but I haven't had a chance to take the current Infamous tune off of my ECU before I take the car into the shop. Is it possible that now the ECU is so messed up that its causing a rough idle, and other issues?

Thanks for the help guys!

I guess your new to cars. The white smoke is water vapor from the exhaust pipe. WAs it moist out today. Raining ? cold ? damp ?

Get the Tune out of there and have the ECU replaced. Then drive it and see if the car idles better.

Get your oil changed!

Powertrian is warrented till 60,000 miles. Even a little more because the odermeter is off, it reads fast. Theres a class action law suit.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

phil, lol, i didnt drive 52k in a weekend

max capacity, i am new to cars, it was raining a bit today and it was low 60's today. Just got a scheduled appointment to change the oil at the dealership tomorrow.

Also, I know I've asked this a billion times in the past, but I'm still lost. How do I go about extracting the tune off of my ECU using a Tactrix cable? Thanks for the quick responses fellas!

Archived