LegacyGT.com

DIY Friendly Garage, Sterling VA

theflystyle

Saw this on Fox5 this morning. Apparently they have been open for 5 months now.

You can get a lift by an hourly rate which includes a basic 200+ toolset. You can also rent speciality tools. They have AllData access and a mechanic on duty for help. As with life nothing is free but base price for lift for an hour is $18-22 dollars.

Im going here for the wash area. I called and they said they have the facilities for bucket washing at $15 an hour.

LINK: http://www.ditymechanics.com/

Anyone have experience with this place? looks awesome.

Wow. I wonder what kind of waivers you have to sign to use that place?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

$18-22/hr. to rent a lift is not a bad deal. Only sucks if you have a failure and can't get things back together, or are missing a part, or any number of other major issues.

For easy things like brakes or suspension, where you can have a good parts list before you start, it is a cool idea.

This idea is taken from the military "Hobby Shop." This is something I proposed to my dad for him to do a while back, but he said the liabilities involved are too great, plus his insurance would go way high.

Definitely a great idea. Something I hope to convince my dad to do. His shop is at least somewhat closer, located in Germantown, MD. Plus the roads around him are long and twisty, so you can enjoy a nice joyride after doing your mods. :) Cops are almost never around.

I saw this on craigslist the other day. Great idea though I think it would work better in a more urban setting where more people don't have garages. I was thinking about opening one in Norfolk instead of going back to work as a software engineer but then I realized the majority of the people down there are military who have access to the Hobby shops on base..

$18-22/hr. to rent a lift is not a bad deal. Only sucks if you have a failure and can't get things back together, or are missing a part, or any number of other major issues.

For easy things like brakes or suspension, where you can have a good parts list before you start, it is a cool idea.

They had daily/weekly rates, which don't seem too expensive. You can also have parts delivered right to the shop.

Kind of neat, but I want to know what their insurance policies are like!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

they also do overnight holding in a secure area just for that reason.

i went there a little over a month ago to install rear sway bar brackets. The shop is really clean and have most of the tools for most installs. the owners were extremely nice and even gave me a discount. Since i dont have a garage i will probably go there again for any installs that require a compressed air gun and changing tires.

^ good idea... group sway, spring or other install day

Oh hell yeah, we should definitely start a thread about this for some interest. I think if we can get enough guys together, we can go down as a group, scope the place out, and with a group, we could possibly have more sway in getting a discount. :)

Hrmm... less talk, more do. I'll start up the thread.

changing out brake pads and rotors is pretty easy in itself. Changing the fluid can range from super easy to "Oh SH*T!!". If they have the bleeding tools, which they do, then it is a piece of cake. But it looks like they have most of what you need to get your brakes done.

Archived