LegacyGT.com

93 non turbo will it work in a 94 turbo?

2.2 engine, and can I hook up the turbo? any issues I may run into? also I have a lead on a 90 legacy engine the guy says its a 2.4, is that correct and would it work either? I have a 93 with a 2.2 with a spun bearing, debating on rebuild vs picking up a cheap motor and hooking up turbo and going.

Thanks for the advise

Bryan

The internet will help you find what engine was in what model year. Just search on google.

As for turbos on non-turbo cars... please search this site for answers on turboing engines that were not meant to be turboed.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

subaru never made a 2.4L

as for going turbo. since u seem to new to the game do not attempt this swap. theres more to it than just bolting a turbo on a n/a engine... also, do not buy a turbo engine as u will need every supporting part to go with it.

if u want a turbo car, sell urs and buy one.

i have a turbo car for sale if ur interested. but since u didnt list a location. i doubt u live in the northeast usa.

The compression ratio is lower on a turbo, so swapping block to a NA block and keeping the turbo will result in a short-lived engine.

I'm not sure if it's the pistons or cylinder heads that differs so it may range from hard to frustrating to convert a NA block.

But if you can lower the pressure that the turbo gives you may make it work. Lower power than stock, but better than NA. "only" a question of tweaking the wastegate.

453747.png

well if your willing to drive to just north of the scranton area, theres a guy there with everything you need and then some. lmk if your willing to take the ride and ill ask him if you can contact him. i have to go there and get some parts anyway, ill talk to him for ya if you want.

Archived