LegacyGT.com

Oops! Volvo crashes

That is great. Jsut proves my point, people need to learn how to drive instead of expecting thier car to do it for them... Like the mercedes commercial with the lane change warning and the braking and all that shit. If these MORONS would just put down their double big macs and Iphones and just WATCH what was going on in front of them. Well they wouldnt need a 40239293lb car with 100000 sensors all workign to make sure they dont hit something while playing their farmville on their smart phones!

Oh yeah and a car that didnt need 100000 sensors and airbags would be lighter which would increase MPG and performance all at the same time.

We are halfway there already, just make an exception for the Governator in the upcoming presidental election.

As for pedestrian crashing - someone must have forgotten that it's AVOIDING the targets, not hitting them that the software shall do.

453747.png

AS part of Volvo's naughty s60 tour i tested that feature out. It can def prevent bad things from happening, but it does not trigger until the last minute so its a system that is dormant 99.99% of the time. seriously the last minute. i did not think it was going to work, and we were heading right towards a busy street so i was slightly uneasy about it. obviously its for auto boxes only.

Anyways the other cool thing i did was go to the s60 driving events. got to beat up on an audi a4 (good power coming out of turns, but huge boat), bmw 328xi (slowest of all but most fun on the track), and the s60 (fastest and nicest, but coming out of a turn the electronics limited the throttle even when tc was off? it absolutely killed the cars performance. my c30 is way more naughtier then that s60 will ever be. it nice though :)

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

C30s are all sorts of sexy, even if most of it stems from having the correct number of cylinders for an inline.

:)

to be fair the s60 t6 has an inline6 with twin scroll turbo making 300/325 at the flywheel. around the track the extra power and awd didnt seem to make up for all the electronic grannying. im sure on the highway it would move. if it was only available with a manual......

c30t5 +1 s60t6 0

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

:)

to be fair the s60 t6 has an inline6 with twin scroll turbo making 300/325 at the flywheel. around the track the extra power and awd didnt seem to make up for all the electronic grannying. im sure on the highway it would move. if it was only available with a manual......

c30t5 +1 s60t6 0

electronic grannying:lol: So true, like driving a car a lawyer designed.

Archived