LegacyGT.com

My Stage 2 Graph from Ed at EQ

Heedz

5mt? just curious. with similar mods my WHP was a bit lower but TQ was a good 35-40lb more. it also peaked sooner and held for a bit longer, just wondering if the magic juice in my 5at accounts for that.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

its a 5MT but... I'm only pushing 16psi. while most tunes at stage 2 are at 17-19 if done by a tuner. my buddy's spec b is pushing 236hp 270tq on 19.5psi

225whp 275tq here. best dyno pull that day was 228whp and 287wtq at 16 psi but he pulled it back a bit.

http://i41.tinypic.com/if26ic.jpg

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Anyone know if our stock clutch can handle Stage 2 e85 wtq? I'm usually not hard on the clutch, and will probably only fill up on e85 less than half the time... I might even just save the tune for track days, but we'll see how hard it is to go to CA91 from e85

Anyone know if our stock clutch can handle Stage 2 e85 wtq? I'm usually not hard on the clutch, and will probably only fill up on e85 less than half the time... I might even just save the tune for track days, but we'll see how hard it is to go to CA91 from e85

I would say no. At 40k or so mine is not able to hold higher stage 2 levels. I do run fairly high boost for stage2 (18psi in S mode) but when I attempt anymore it slips. This is around 250-260 whp and right around 300whtq on the road dyno sheet.

That's what I'm at now also, and it's holding ok, tho I'm not sure how much longer it will last... new clutch it is then.

Keep me posted on what route you take? Especially with the flywheel. I've already decided on the ACT Street clutch. Not sure if I will get the spec b version or the sti version but in either case I'm not sure what to do about a flywheel. I really don't want a lw flywheel in this car or think it really needs one.

I prefer drivability also over maximizing power, though quick blip downshifting sounds nice. I'll probably go with whatever good deal I can find.

I thought there was a thread that says the ACT Spec.b clutch is actually for a 5MT, not a 6MT? Other spec.b's that went with ACT say to get the STI version + STI flywheel.

Ah i was wondering why you were a bit lower than me. I'm tuned to about 18.5 psi and should be netting a few more hp.

Great curves tho. Gotta love usable power :D

I have a South Bend Stg 3 Clutch with a Spec LWFW. Great price, warranty etc on the clutch. It is a bit overkill (capable of 450 ftlbs). The "blip-ability" of the lwfw is very nice! My stock clutch started slipping about 1k miles after I went stage 2 (at 80k).

Nice! This was my LGT at stage 2 tuned by Ed. (Catless uppipe, high-flow catted downpipe.) I went straight from stock to the stage 2 protune. I forgot to get a baseline before they installed the UP and DP, but the difference was...not subtle :D

553059085_91octanetune.thumb.png.664a06451eb8f4f86c77b5878ec7f047.png

• 1 month later...

Bump for more dynos, I just got dyno'd by Ed @ EQ this past sunday

Infamous Stg. 2: 231whp/280tq

CNT 3" DP

MR 3" CBE

Perrin TMIC

AVO Panel filter

I was a lil surprised, thought the whp would be higher maybe around 250... but it looks like it's consistent with everyone else's numbers here.

My tune was incomplete, I only had 1 revision by Infamous before going on vacation. My logs after that revision didn't show any timing taken away, so I was lazy with the logging and didn't get another. I also popped an overboost CEL @ Infineon on Saturday, I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

Archived