LegacyGT.com

Loading map..Access port went dark..now car will not start..diagnosis?

HansGT

I think I may be screwed. Was reloading my map today due to a studdering issue. (I've done it like 20+ times) Anyway...seems the connection where the AP plugs into the car is a little problematic. I securely attached it but the screen on the AP was cutting out. Got it to the point where it started loading the map...screen cut out again. Turned everything off, unplugged the green wires and started the entire process over again....this time the fans would not kick on...do I attempt to load the map again anyway? (Oh and if you try to start the car, nothing happens)

Fix...anyone...new ECM?

stage 2....but I had been using it for over a year when the studdering became frequent...every 200-1000 miles. Had Agile Auto look at the problem...they couldn't find anything. They could only point to a possible ECM issue that subaru would have to look at.

AP is V1

Studder would happen 2000-2500RPM. Noticed it would be start happening under load..mainly when I had the family in the car. If it was just me driving I could go longer in between the struddering issue. Only way to clear it was to reload the map cause the car would go into "limp" mode and boost was cut to 10-11PSI.

Yea that what it is then. A failed flash will lock your ecu up. Your going to have to send it to cobb to have them unlock it. Give them a call there might be a chance to save the ecu. There's a trick but either way your acessport is junk now. They can't fix the version 1 anymore you can only trade it for a credit towards a new one. I had a thread on this a month or two ago.

Archived