LegacyGT.com

The rallisportracing prototype.....Finally

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
out of curiosity why 304 and not 409?

409 is cheaper and withstands about as much heat.

T409SUS isn't bad and it can work well for a header application but it isn't as strong as T304 and it wont stand up to the elements as well. If you pay $550 for a header you want the thing to last :)

In short T409 would work and it might be cheaper but in the end customers would be complaining and requesting refunds frequently due to fractures and rusting out.

304 is way better on Chromium content so you will get surface rust and stains but unlike 409 it is less likely to rust through

i love them and no they dont stick out far, just enough, only thing i noticed is one hangs lower then the other, but that could be a hanger issue. Sound pretty decent to. Hopoefully with the header it wont sound like a honda at higher rpms anymore lol

I've been following this thread figuring on getting the header and throwing on an exhaust to go with it, but when I went to the site I saw at the bottom where it said coming soon "performance UEL header for 2.5i." Any info on this? The video sounded great though, just curious if I could wait and get a few extra horses too. Probably just being greedy.

The word "soon" may be somewhat misleading. I probably should have put "eventually coming... maybe"

I was hoping to have a functional prototype by spring, but that may be unrealistic, as paying customers get top priority and new product development such as this get put on the back burner. Even when I do get a prototype together, it's rare to hit it out of the park first time up at bat, and it may take two or three or four versions before I'm satisfied with the results. And if in spite of my best efforts I can't get more than a 5% gain out of it, then the whole idea gets scrapped. Also, it's going to be expensive, a rough guess is two hundred dollars more than the current UEL design, which would make it a terrible choice as far as bang for the buck is concerned.

My advice: Get the current headers, enjoy the rumble, and when/if the performance version comes out and you want to upgrade, you can always sell the one you have (it will sell fast, trust me) to help cover the cost.

• 1 month later...

Great item , i hope this will be produce to public soon :)

Well , i definitely love to see my NA to run faster with rumble ... who dont want the top of the world .? ,... u can see everything there :p

Avo kit turbo should be nice for everyone :)

The funny part is, the majority of the people interested in this probably don't even care about the power gain, they just want the rumble!

still waiting for mines ~_~ Id like to hear how it sounds =D

With the coming of Spring the waits might increase as Mike's main business is in Landscaping. I know he wanted to hire a welder but that may adversely impact profits so he might be making one here and there and shipping them out as fast as possible.

At some point he should put a hard stop on orders to work off back orders and get the ones out for his sake. LOl im sure he feels pressured :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmMk1C0p3F8&context=C4f70101ADvjVQa1PpcFMg1xpjONHA7zO1W4b5h7wmDYrkP1yW2po=]Subaru Legacy 2.5i Rallisport header - YouTube[/ame]

Here are a few sound clips I threw together. Not the best recording equipment LOL, but it does capture the exhaust note somewhat. Make sure you crank the volume, the sound is very low on the video. I don't have a perfect UEL setup. I think the stock midpipe muffles a lot of the UEL sound.

Hey guys! I'm sorta new to the Legacy world but im no stranger to Subarus im in the market for an 09 Legacy 2.5i special edition and im really looking for the scooby rumble! are these headers really worth it? and will these headers bolt up if i get a aftermarket LGT catback?

I'm not really sure Exhaust terms but im pretty positive about these, is there also a mid-pipe between the CAT and the headers?

Hey guys! I'm sorta new to the Legacy world but im no stranger to Subarus im in the market for an 09 Legacy 2.5i special edition and im really looking for the scooby rumble! are these headers really worth it? and will these headers bolt up if i get a aftermarket LGT catback?

I'm not really sure Exhaust terms but im pretty positive about these, is there also a mid-pipe between the CAT and the headers?

Headers are straight bolt on and a custom setup costs the same (modifications, O2 sensor(s), various pipe and flanges) and dont typically use stock locations. So I would say yes they are worth it.

Catback bolts to the cat-pipe which connects the headers to the catback and that LGT catback will bolt right up.

If you are in the market for a 09 2.5i you probably should get in the market for a used 08-09 LGT ;) you will find the prices for a excellent used 2.5i and a good used LGT differ btwn ~$2500

Oh ok! thanks alot man and just correct me if im wrong, but the headers that give you the rumble have the catalytic convertever already welded in? because i see a huge bulge and 2 places for the O2 sensors so if i buy these then all i would need to get would be an aftermarket catback?

And I appreciate your enthusiasm in trying to pursuade me into a LGT but unfortanitly i looked and looked and could not find any of that year or in a 5speed MT.

I'm actually picking the car up tomorrow at a subaru dealer it is a CPO so i think im getting a good deal I only paid 13K for it and its still under Subaru warranty.

Oh ok! thanks alot man and just correct me if im wrong, but the headers that give you the rumble have the catalytic convertever already welded in? because i see a huge bulge and 2 places for the O2 sensors so if i buy these then all i would need to get would be an aftermarket catback?

And I appreciate your enthusiasm in trying to pursuade me into a LGT but unfortanitly i looked and looked and could not find any of that year or in a 5speed MT.

I'm actually picking the car up tomorrow at a subaru dealer it is a CPO so i think im getting a good deal I only paid 13K for it and its still under Subaru warranty.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/GEE-OTTO/RSuel6.jpg

Yup that bulge = OEM like catalytic converter :)

• 1 month later...

Update for sex:

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv154/RalliSportRacing/100_2055.jpg

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv154/RalliSportRacing/100_2050.jpg

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv154/RalliSportRacing/100_2038.jpg

And from the man himself:

I'll be offering ceramic coating in two flavors: Black Satin, protects up to 2000 degrees - good choice if planning on adding a turbo later, and Cerma Krome (shiny silver color) a little better heat retention than the black satin - a good choice if trying to avoid a cel.

Archived