LegacyGT.com

The rallisportracing prototype.....Finally

Bah! Those paupers! Lousy peasants! :) I kid. Honestly I'm patient. Just hope they don't run out of materials.

Never. Prior to release raw materials were stocked up for a set amount of headers and seeing as how that is completely spoken for (all predicted units SOLD) There is a good baseline to follow mind you allowing for some cooling off in the future.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

by cooling off I mean orders fulfilled :) Demand will be high and once i get a tester for video with aftermarket CBE and the AVO kit guys install i can only imagine. The best practice is inventory control similar to the Japanese: buy it as you need it.

One can stay fairly liquid and not carry the risk of "falling flat"

• 2 weeks later...
I'm impatiently waiting for the production model, already ordered. Should I just pick up some gaskets at the dealership?

OEM gaskets are plenty good and the 2.25 inch gasket is kinda tough to find around so make one trip to get all three

Ok so as far as the grimmspeed gaskets go, I see the dual port gaskets on their site, but what about the manifold-to-cat gasket? Which one is applicable to our setup?

This? http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=60_54_57&products_id=148

I'm trying to compare pics on the previous page to the shape of the gasket.

Ok so as far as the grimmspeed gaskets go, I see the dual port gaskets on their site, but what about the manifold-to-cat gasket? Which one is applicable to our setup?

This? http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=60_54_57&products_id=148

I'm trying to compare pics on the previous page to the shape of the gasket.

Save yourself some money and simple buy a 2.25" three hole gasket from the dealer they are around $7 or a near by exhaust shop. GS doesnt sell a gasket for our cat-pipe they only make gaskets for the Turbo folks and the Dual ports happen to fit our cars.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
update: The Irwin bolt/nut extraction kit worked very well to remove that rounded nut!

Which kit? I have an Irwin kit that I bought not too long ago, but I haven't had the chance to try it out.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

update: The Irwin bolt/nut extraction kit worked very well to remove that rounded nut!

I too had to use that kits on a muffler bolt. It is neat how it cuts into the steel to get a grip and works very well. What where you installing?

Which kit? I have an Irwin kit that I bought not too long ago, but I haven't had the chance to try it out.

This in metric:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DTR%2B8STlL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-5,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001W02R0S/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0000CCXVZ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1C4DYJT7NQVWYX75P768]Amazon.com: Irwin Industrial Tools 3094001 Bolt-Grip Deep Well Set, 5-Piece: Home Improvement[/ame]

I too had to use that kits on a muffler bolt. It is neat how it cuts into the steel to get a grip and works very well. What where you installing?

I installed the rallisport header and new gaskets. My stock exhaust manifold was leaking badly. I'm enjoying the new headers, although it already threw a CEL. I'm wondering if it is because of the PB blaster I sprayed around the sensor to screw it back into the header :iam: I'll worry about it later.

I only have Perrin mufflers right now. The rest of the exhaust is stock. I notice the rumble in the lower RPMs, but everywhere else, it sounds more like an EL setup. Now that the header leak is gone, the entire exhaust is much quieter! It's awesome. The rumble does sound extremely sexy, I must admit. Maybe I need to work on a custom exhaust to make the most of the new headers.

This in metric:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DTR%2B8STlL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-5,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001W02R0S/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0000CCXVZ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1C4DYJT7NQVWYX75P768]Amazon.com: Irwin Industrial Tools 3094001 Bolt-Grip Deep Well Set, 5-Piece: Home Improvement[/ame]

Thanks, I added them to my wish list. The ones I have are screw extractors, for when the head pops off...

Another trick I've used on rounded off bolts and stripped screws is to use a dremel with a cut off wheel to cut a straight line that you can use a large regular (straight) screwdriver bit in.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Chalk that up to your stock y pipe I am the way with my UEL setup. The only way I got th rumble was with a CBE. PB blaster hmmm that shouldn't cause a CEL it has been cold and there have been a few owners in the cold temps with CELs only when very cold outside. Let me know if it comes and goes with respect to your fuel level and temp

Chalk that up to your stock y pipe I am the way with my UEL setup. The only way I got th rumble was with a CBE. PB blaster hmmm that shouldn't cause a CEL it has been cold and there have been a few owners in the cold temps with CELs only when very cold outside. Let me know if it comes and goes with respect to your fuel level and temp

Thanks man. I was about to create a proper post about this in technical section. From the moment i reconnected my battery and turned the car on following the install, the CEL came on. This was on Wednesday. Using the onboard code reader method via the trip meter, I pulled two codes this evening. P0031 and P0134. Both of these codes deal with the front o2 sensor. I believe P0134 is no activity from the front o2sensor, and P0031 is something about a problem with the heater in the sensor. I've read up on these codes a little bit. I'm going to check my fuse box first, but I have a feeling I ruined the sensor when I was cleaning the threads with that PB Blaster.

Archived