LegacyGT.com

All season tire

Kodax

I understand that this question might have been answered a couple of times but I need some opinions about all season tires. Currently I am running RE92 Potneza and it is horrible. I nearly died driving through heavy rain in Washington a few days back; my car hydroplaned twice on the highway and I nearly lose control.

Anyway, I am looking at BF Goodrich g-force super sports. I saw an ad on the television that it is a pretty good tire but I don't believe ads all the time. :lol: I was wondering what do you guys think is good? My budget is around $600-$800.

I am looking for quiet, good grip and high/ultra performance tires. And hopefully, no hydroplaning! I hate hydroplaning! :mad:

I'd be careful of the cheap tires like the ones suggested above. Search this board for that brand...issues like soft side walls, not balancing right, etc. will come up.

Might be worth the extra $20 for a better tire. I run the the tire below. Also check TireRack.com for customer feedback. The Survery are very, very accurate.

Bridgestone RE960 Tires (225/45-17, $140 ea): Look at the Survey, Keep the numbers 7.7 and higher in all catagories that matter to you...ie noise, hydro, etc...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE960AS+Pole+Position

Good luck with your choice.

Jeff K.

'07 Forester STI (ECS Performance)..SOLD!

'09 Spec B...Sold!

'11 LGT Limited...Sold!

'17 STI Limited

Yeah, I saw it on another forum and they user recommended that tire. But tire discount is asking for about $907 for the total. :( It is kinda out of my budget, I am going to try and look around to see if there are other shops out there willing to sell it to me within my budget.

I'm running the Continental DWS for almost a year now. No issues at all. It rains like mad in the Vancouver area and the hydroplaning resistance is awesome.

Yes, sidewalls are a little soft, but can be fixed by running higher tire pressures.

I think that I will be going with the RE960. Even though they are slightly more expensive but I think they are my safest option. I am just debating should I go through tirerack.com or just go to discount tires to get them. Discount tires can put them on by this week but tirerack needs till next week to be able to put them on. And the price difference is about $200.

• 3 weeks later...
I think that I will be going with the RE960. Even though they are slightly more expensive but I think they are my safest option. I am just debating should I go through tirerack.com or just go to discount tires to get them. Discount tires can put them on by this week but tirerack needs till next week to be able to put them on. And the price difference is about $200.

The RE060AS is a very solid choice. I've had them on our 2001 Maxima for almost 30,000 miles and they're only about 2/3 worn to the wear bars, so you do get to spread the cost out. Deep snow or real ice are the only situations where you might have difficulty, but you'd have the same troubles with any other all-season tire.

They're on my short list for our 2010 LGT for before winter sets in here (South Jersey). Along with the Michelin Pilot Sport AS Plus.

The one thing that seems to be consistent about B'stones in general is their levels of responsiveness. There's less need to "crutch" them via significantly higher than normal inflation pressures.

Norm

• Mega Users
Just a side note...the tirerack survey is nothing more than customer reviews. It is useless. Go by their tests, but don't go by their overall results. Read the full test and pick out the aspects you want in a tire. There are always sacrifices in an AS tire. The Conti DWS is ok in dry, but like people have said, it has a soft sidewall. But it is a great tire in heavy rain and good in snow (for an AS tire).

I had two sets of RE960AS, one on my forester and one on my legacy. Awesome tires but this past winter was downright scary at times on RE960s. Just replaced them last week with the Conti DWS and am happy with them so far, running 40 PSI up front and 38 psi rear. Haven't done any hard driving with them yet or seen any wet weather, we'll see how they do.

Just replaced them last week with the Conti DWS and am happy with them so far, running 40 PSI up front and 38 psi rear. Haven't done any hard driving with them yet or seen any wet weather, we'll see how they do.

I just got this tire as well in a 215/50/17. I need to add a bit of pressure. Running 36/34 and it's not enough. Only on about 2 weeks now but did get to hit some serious rain and had no issues at all.

Just a side note...the tirerack survey is nothing more than customer reviews. It is useless. Go by their tests, but don't go by their overall results. Read the full test and pick out the aspects you want in a tire.

Pretty much the way I use the site, though I'll also consider individual customer reviews if the reviewer appears to know somewhat more about his tires beyond them being round/usually black/supposed to hold air. The tests are better, although there have been cases where the same tire model didn't test quite the same in separate tests.

The main reason for going with as AS tire is because this car is my wife's DD, and I'd rather give her tires at least as good as what she was used to on the Maxima (RE960AS, which has proved to be entirely acceptable except in the deep snow, when she'd opt to stay home if I wasn't going to drive her anyway).

Seabass, eh? From the forum that presents newbies who don't read the wiki with recipes for same?

Norm

I'm running the Continental DWS for almost a year now. No issues at all. It rains like mad in the Vancouver area and the hydroplaning resistance is awesome.

Yes, sidewalls are a little soft, but can be fixed by running higher tire pressures.

+1.... i'm also running the Continental DWS. i live in seattle and as everyone knows.. we have a lot of rain here but the DWS sweep the rain away with its deep grooves. i run 38psi front and rear. handles really well and low road noise.

Archived