LegacyGT.com

2010 Winter Tire Tests

outahere

^ I honestly haven't read anything about the Pirelli Scorpion line ... indeed, that does not inspire confidence! :eek:

----

The Dunlop Winter Sport 3D has been named "Winter Tyre of the Year" by the UK website Tyre Reviews.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2010-Tyre-Reviews-Awards.htm

Pretty impressive for a tire that has been on the market for the last 3 (?) years, and is being challenged by newer designs.

Wow. :eek:

I wonder if that'll change, once the PA4 really gets on-market?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TSi+WRX,

Would you know any details about:

"We’ve never tried to hide our excitement for the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, and the launch was spectacular. A stunning location, over 10,000bhp spread across £2 million + of cars and an interesting tyre to boot. The Pilot Super Sport should feature heavily in 2011. "

Krzys

^ Yep...I still owe you ALL a detailed write-up. :redface:

I've stalled at about half-finish. :(:mad: *CRAZY* things keep popping up, for the last two months, that have just prevented me from getting any good sit-down time.

Writing posts/replies are easy, but for something like that, I like to grab a cup of joe, and really get to it. :redface:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

.........I wonder if that'll change, once the PA4 really gets on-market?

I think that what helped the 3D is that most of the European tests did not even consider ice traction (ice is rare in central Europe?), and I think the newer designs have advanced in exactly that area.

It would be nice to see the new Alpin arrive here. The Michelin Alpin (P)A4 definitely has a totally different tread design compared to its earlier iterations. Big directional "wings", similar to the Goodyear Ultragrip. Next year will be the battle of the "winged" designs vs the asymetric designs.;)

This just in:

I'm going to put Michelin wipers on my tires. Facepalm: FTL, as I don't think they'll work properly as skis......

^ GREAT idea!!!!! :D

I'm actually going to do it with my Pirelli shoes, too!!!!

I'll post from my hospital bed, tomorrow. :lol:

^ Oh, now that's neat!

As you can tell, I'm not a native to colder climates: I didn't know that kind of thing existed! :lol:

Archived