LegacyGT.com

One KILLER interior product

The new Meguiar's Interior Quick Detailer. It provides UV protection and preserves the clean matte look of the Legacy interior. It's cheap ($4.99) and easily available (OTC, Walmart etc). For me, I now get to toss all my old vinyl protectants away, because they all look fake next to this. This is like spraying your original interior back into your car.

Here is a link to a more complete review I wrote for Meguiar's Online. I don't rave about everything I try, and I very rarely go into a car-specific site and link a product up; but the matte look in the Legacy is so neat, and so easy to ruin with a shiny vinyl protectant.

Tom

FRA-GEE-LAY... It must be Italian!

I picked some up today, I like it. I think it smells good too. I had to apply it a couple times to get some tough fingerprints off (sunscreen was involved), but was happy with the results. It was very easy to wipe the overspray off the windows too. Thanks Mosca!

I'm going to have to try this stuff. I've always been a big fan of Meguair's and they have seldom failed to impress me with their products. I've been using the Four Star rubber/vinyl protectant for a couple years, but an OTC replacement would be nice to have access to. Thanks for the tip and the review!

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

The new Meguiar's Interior Quick Detailer. It provides UV protection and preserves the clean matte look of the Legacy interior. It's cheap ($4.99) and easily available (OTC, Walmart etc). For me, I now get to toss all my old vinyl protectants away, because they all look fake next to this. This is like spraying your original interior back into your car.

Here is a link to a more complete review I wrote for Meguiar's Online. I don't rave about everything I try, and I very rarely go into a car-specific site and link a product up; but the matte look in the Legacy is so neat, and so easy to ruin with a shiny vinyl protectant.

Tom

Mosca,

Probably a silly question. I was looking for Mequire's Interior Quick Detailer. I did find Quick Detailer but it seemed as if it were for the exterior and did not specify "Interior" on the bottle. Is there a specific Quick Detailer for the interior?

Thanks.....

Guest turboman

Maybe I'm weird but I don't care for the stuff. The sprayer is non-adjustable and it puts a fine spray all over everything. Can't control it, you have to spray it on a rag and then wipe. And then it's streaky. Especially on the dash board. Had a heck of a time getting the dash to look decent. It's almost like a non-compatible liquid.

Could be because there was another leather product I put on the dash a month ago. Forgot the name but it's real thick.

You shouldn't ever spray anything directly on your dash. Dash protectant is a pain to get off of glass. You should spray a towel first and then use that to treat the dash. It could account for the streakiness if the product was sprayed directly to the dash.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I just tried the Meguiar's Interior Quick Detailer for the first time. Since I was aware of the spray over mist from an earlier post I applied it directly to my cloth. The jury is still out until I see how it holds up but after the first application the dash looks like new. Neither shinier or duller, no real change to the appearance of the surfaces after use. Just nice and clean. The product did not alter the appearance. The dash looks as it did when it left the factory. I noticed no residue or streaking so for now I'd give it a thumbs up.

Archived