LegacyGT.com

what are you paying for 2011 Lease?

rakapur

I have got a potential buyer for my truck so I am getting quotes on the 3.6 Legacy. One guy just sent me $623 a month (36 month lease) for a 3.6R Limited (no navi) 10k miles a year with shock sensor with no money down and a 800 credit score! Is this right? Is it that high? I can go out and lease a Mercedes for that! Is this guy just trying to screw me over, I got a Honda Ridgeline RTL and pay $200 less a month with 12k miles and a shit load of accessories

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef9ddb3/444#MSG444

^ Post #445 has the money factor and residual calculations, based on Chase's August figures.

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/calc/CalculatorController?pmtcalAction=lease_calc

^ The lease calculator should then get you close.

Remember, negotiate based on out-the-door price.

Best of luck! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

errrr back in 09, we leased our 09 2.5i SE 4EAT with rear dimming mirror and rear spoiler. Sticker was about 24k. Put down 2.5k after tax and pay 190 per month after tax for a 3yr/36k mile lease. so about 9k for 3 years on a 24k car. you do the math. you cannot quote leases over the phone. they won't give you a good price. they just aren't allowed to.

along with subaru having some lease specials here and there, but I doubt there are any good leases for 3.6. Usually the 2.5i models get all the lease deals.

another perspective, BMW had a lease for 335i Sedans Auto with premium package (47k msrp)(36 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00145 Base Rate). 3 year/36k leases for 505 + tax zero down, zero deposit. Thats a sign and drive deal. The target sale price on this car was 44k ish and the lease was cheaper than the 3.6r lease you got quoted. so the dealer was basically screwing you.

don't ask me where I found that deal, heh, it was floating around the internets for a while back in august.

I haven't leased in years (my first lease was also my first Legacy!), but you also have to consider how much the 'payoff' (if you wanted to buy the car) will be at the end of the lease. I can't remember the exact numbers, but I know payoff for mine at the end of a three year lease was high - around $17K(?)

In SoCal last month, I saw a 2010 LGT Premium Lease. $329+tax. I think it was like $1000-$1500 due at signing. Whatever you got quoted, go to him and calculate the numbers in his face. ;)

I remember back in 08, I lease a 2.5i SE for $159+tax/mth and $1000 drive off for 24 months, 10k per year. Thats a deal.

Whatever you got quoted, go to him and calculate the numbers in his face. ;)

Exactly.

rakapur, what you've got to do is to use the actual numbers: look at the links I gave you, and update the rates for this month, if you can - you can't just go around chasing your own tail. :spin:

It's not that hard to figure out, using the online calculators.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

buyer backed out :( no new Legacy yet

i know the deals with leasing, the truck im am trying to sell is leased and i amazingly own less then what its worth so figure what the hell and try and sell it now make some profit for new rims and sound system on the Legacy. most dealerships i know people at and Subaru is the only one we dont know anyone at.

^ Use the resources I gave you - they're accurate.

We used it back when we were after our '09 FXT. The dealer matched what we wanted, based on the calculations - which our accountant (no vested interest in the process) had OK'ed.

Back in first-quarter, '09, the Subaru Cars101 site listed the rates outright, but that practice seemed to have stopped. :( At that time, however, I posed the same question on the Edmunds Forum, and although the resulting post was delayed, it nevertheless did come, and the information matched, exactly, what the Cars101 site pulled.

IIRC, the Edmunds calculator isn't completely accurate. I ran the numbers using several different ones, and brought it all to our dealer (with whom we have a very good relationship), and said: "here's what I got, and we're willing to let y'all have a decent profit margin, I'm willing to go with the 'middle of the road' figure."

The sales floor manager (who was a salesman, when we started our time with that dealership) took the figures, and came back in about 10 minutes, with the paperwork for us to sign. :)

Archived