LegacyGT.com

Wouldn't GT components on a 2.5i be cheap?

You could find a cheap complete exhaust for the engine and turbo then have it modified at an exhaust shop to fit the n/a legacy if it is a decent shop they should be able to modify it to fit without charging much. Or you could cut out the part that doesnt clear and then just have them make a new piece to put in there.

I have pretty well decided this project is not for an 07 auto, but I will be keeping an eye on it anyway. The wife has her eye on a tribeca so the leggy will probably be heading to a dealer soon. That would leave me with my 03 forester which would be ripe for a mod like this one, maybe easier to work with given the lack of electronic hurdles on the '03s.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok so I went to a local well known tuner, Bren, @ brentuning.com and he was able to romraid my car. We took it around a few times and did some fine adjustments, no timing retard on 93 as it was...here's some pics. I unfortunately had the gimmick 3" cbe on and felt I was losing torque, 3" is just too big, so I put the stock system back on. after the tune I noticed better throttle response, a smoother torque curve along all rpm's, and a tad more pull. 02 sensor used as well. just some random pics....

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_32h1SNQWimc/TKh_W9XttqI/AAAAAAAAANM/XeMHsv0Alt0/s800/laptop2.JPG

RAIDING

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_32h1SNQWimc/TKh_WaRQcYI/AAAAAAAAANI/2JXRFCdSEjQ/s800/laptop1.JPG

Keep in mind I said that I might just collect parts over the course of a very long time, so this won't be happening annnny time soon :p

I had a thought: The AVO up-pipe for the 2.5RS turbo kits would eliminate the need for a new header and notching the subframe. The stock GT downpipe probably wouldn't work then. Getting the AVO downpipe from that kit would eliminate any costs savings probably... unless the stock GT DP DOES fit on a turbo mounted with the AVO UP.

Getting an UP custom made with stock GT flanges and the 2.5i header flange wouldn't be too hard probably, its just a foot or two of pipe.

You 05 guys can run the IMpreza kit as it is built for your layout ! this is old news the only problem is finding a Impreza turbo kit for that model year

Archived