LegacyGT.com

help me improve my suspension! calling all gurus

rowteree

I currently have an 05 lgt that recently hit 70k which i swapped out my factory struts and springs with bilstein hds with h&r lowering springs. a few weeks later i got a whiteline front sway along with whiteline solid endlinks to eliminate clanking noise coming from underneath the car which turned out to be torn boots on the stock endlinks.

my question is have i compromised performance and suspension geometry by choosing a spring with such an Aggressive spring rate and drop? would there be any suspension goodies i can add besides steering rack bushings to better imrpove the feel of my car?

heres my set up:

-bilstein hds

-h&r lowering springs

-whiteline front 22mm sway bar

-whiteline solid endlinks

not installed (whiteline steering rack bushings kit)

open to any suggestions and or comments. recently stated getting a slight knocking/clanking noise under the drivers side when accelerating and dealer claims to say the strut springs are loose? what do u guys think?

those h&r springs are hardly aggressive. most lowering springs are pretty soft when compared to a coilover setup.

your best bet at this point is to upgrade the front LCA bushings. whiteline, avo and superpro have options for us. I personally like the whiteline ones.

Ive heard from unoffciail sources that h and r springs will kill my shock travel too much. this true or just a wives tales?

I'd imagine if you put them on the STOCK shocks, but Bilstein HDs?

I recommend an RSB as well.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

whiteline roll centre adjustment kit...

i was thinking this too, but would this mod really be necessary for my set-up? definitely whiteline rsb with endlinks is on top of my list, but im looking for the little things that add up.

ill probably do the lca bushings last knowing how often they break or bust. just got some factory ones put in last year, but who knows how long thats gonna last with the odd yet bearable road conditions here in houston.

with a stock shock i would imagine the h&r springs would kill my shock travel, but not with hd's ur right.

how much are the wl rca kit going for?

i don't really go to the tracks or auto-x. mostly spirited driving once a while. is it worth the money to get it ?

already got topline aragosta coilovers, front & rear cusco swaybars. cusco h brace & corazon rear 2pt brace.

was thinking of getting the steering rack bushing & lca only

how much are the wl rca kit going for?

i don't really go to the tracks or auto-x. mostly spirited driving once a while. is it worth the money to get it ?

already got topline aragosta coilovers, front & rear cusco swaybars. cusco h brace & corazon rear 2pt brace.

was thinking of getting the steering rack bushing & lca only

The Roll Center Kit is for any LGT that is lowered. It makes the geometry correct once you lower it. If you are going to do the LCA and the SRB, do the whole setup, it's not worth it to do it half-arsed...

-mike

Archived