LegacyGT.com

JDM 20mm rear sway - finally installed

nomoreS4

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I installed mine this past weekend --- i dont really notice it when driving through town, but i notice on the hard turns the car has a much higher tendancy to oversteer than it used too.

I'm going to have to re-adjust my tire pressures again.

Waiting for mine to arrive. AVO was back ordered but evidently my account is charged and the part is in and ready to be shipped. I have an EMS number but nothing is registering. The part was scheduled to ship on June 20, does anyone know how long it takes for the tracking number to register on EMS. I have checked a few times and I can't draw a status. I emailed AVO and PMed Mr. Hansen.

This is my first time ordering from an Aussie/Japanese based supplier. I apologize if I am acting impatient. Just wanted to know if anyone else experienced similar lags.

Thank you. Can't wait.

Waiting for mine to arrive. AVO was back ordered but evidently my account is charged and the part is in and ready to be shipped. I have an EMS number but nothing is registering. The part was scheduled to ship on June 20, does anyone know how long it takes for the tracking number to register on EMS. I have checked a few times and I can't draw a status. I emailed AVO and PMed Mr. Hansen.

This is my first time ordering from an Aussie/Japanese based supplier. I apologize if I am acting impatient. Just wanted to know if anyone else experienced similar lags.

Thank you. Can't wait.

When I ordered my avo panel filter from Paul @ AVO the EMS number didn't work with my shipment either. They are really quick about shipping however.

by the time the tracking info updated....i already had the bar

it takes around a week for the east coast, dunno about the west coast. But I had it installed within hours of reciveing it (5:00 this afternoon...installed about 4 hours ago)

I love it soooooooo much

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I used to do *_A LOT_* of shopping from Japan and Hong-Kong in my other hobby. :)

EMS tracking isn't all that great - just imagine USPS tracking on a "time delay." Remember that they are ahead of us by anywhere from 12 to 13 hours, and that they often have different holidays, all of which can easily hold-up tracking. Additionally, tracking tends to break-down between courrier pickup and the different ports-in/out (i.e. Customs on both ends).

More often than not, my packages arrived *_before_* EMS tracking by one, if not two days.

Don't sweat EMS tracking too much. :)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I didn’t have much issues. My bar actually showed up in 4 days. Not to mention on a Sunday morning. I was eating and hear someone banging on the front door. The postal person was like .. Here. Umm why you banging on my door at 9am on a Sunday? But it was cool though.

"other" hobby? I was thinking about using EMS and a couple carriers in HK to bring back some airsoft stuff but I don't think US customs likes seeing replica firearms. =/.

almondcookie,

GREAT GUESS, brother! Yes, airsoft indeed. :)

I haven't been active in a while, but used EMS very, very frequently about two years ago - probably once-per-month shipments of replicas. You might want to check some airsoft Forums for current regs as well as curent enforcement habits - the latter of which seems to fluctuate quite a bit.

Heck, even taxation varied quite a bit! I'd just as often get hit as I wouldn't. Go figure.

On a side note, if you're looking to buy, I'm looking to sell - I've got a lineup of high-end stuff, most of which have seen litle to no skirmish use, so drop me a PM if you're interested. ;)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Ordered mine the 14th and my order is still pending.. :(

They said they where getting some in on Monday, apparently they got a lot of orders.. :) That's a good thing for them, a bad thing for those of us waiting. :(

• 1 month later...

Update:

Finally found the time to install my JDM Rear Sway bar and AVO end links. The whole thing took me only 1 and 1/2 hours.

What a difference, wow!!! :D On take off the car no longer squats like a chick pissin in the woods!! A lot less body roll on the turns, it rocks!!! :D

I was worried that the 20mm JDM bar wouldn't be enough, well, I was wrong, it is. I also liked the adjustable endlinks from AVO, I went with the longer one as suggested on there site, worked like a charm.

Thanks to the AVO crew for selling to us accross the pond.

I just got an updated tracking status e-mail from evo yesterday. Said my status was changed from 'in transit' to 'delivered'. I've had the bar installed for almost 4 weeks.

on the plus side, i love it.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I just got an updated tracking status e-mail from evo yesterday. Said my status was changed from 'in transit' to 'delivered'. I've had the bar installed for almost 4 weeks.

:lol::lol::lol:

See what technology can do for you?

Archived