LegacyGT.com

Clutch suggestions for my 05 LGT

DansSpace

Alright, so I'm in desperate need of a clutch in my 2005 LGT. I keep hearing mixed things about needing a WRX flywheel for certain clutches, or that I don't. I'd really rather not have to buy a new flywheel, so can someone please recommend me a clutch kit that will work with the flywheel that's currently in my vehicle? That'd be freakin awesome. I'd really hate to order something that isn't going work. Something that will be able to handle conservative stage 2 power levels, as thats what I plan on doing eventually, or else I'd just go OEM. Thanks!

EDIT- Um, just read the second reply. Screw the stock flywheel. I'm just all flustered because I miss driving my car, my mind is all over the place concerning this clutch business because I know nothing about it.

I just put in the ACT HD clutch set up from Fred Beans and so far I'm really happy with it but you have to go with a new flywheel. Fred Beans has a great deal this month on the set up where they trow in the TSK3 kit. FYI, total investment between parts and labor is $1500.00.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

Yes, since I've posted this I've really been thinking I'm just going to suck it up and go with a the single mass WRX flywheel and get a clutch that goes along with that. It'll be better in the long run than skimping out on my clutch setup now. Is this what I would be looking for?

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/drivetrain-transmission/act-hd-street-clutch-and-flywheel-kits.html

Sorry but the 05 dual mass flywheel is garbage. Get a stock. 06 wrx flywheel. And a bully stage 4 pressure plate, stage 2 full face Kevlar disc. That's what I have and that is my recommendation. If you are attached to the flywheel buy a stock one from Subaru as well as the pressure plate and disc

Yea, thats the kit. It's a little stiffer than stock but no unmanageable. I have a little over 200 miles on mine, I'm still babying it for another 200 miles for break-in. Jeremy from Fred Beans is a great help.

I'm at Stage 2 and my old clutch was slipping, I can feel the car pull better now and also it grabs close to the floor. One it's broken in, I'll run it a little harder. I didn't really notice any difference in the way the car revs with the new FW.

Archived