LegacyGT.com

Cryo Rotors?

GoSix

Anyone know of a good place to send your rotors to get cryo'd? I'm getting some steering wheel wobble and I bet it will be a warped rotor (how the hell did that happen?? :( ). Anyway, I figured that would be an excellent excuse to use some scoobie bucks to buy OEM rotors and ship them off for cryo. Anyone know where to go?

Thanks!

Chadd

Yes, I still lurk around this forum :D

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Isn't Ted Williams' dome cryo'd somewhere in the SW? You could try there. Seriously, try a google search for golf club cryo near San Diego or Tampa. Most PGA pros have their Beta Titanium driver heads cryo'd for greater coefficient of restitution.

Ahh, that makes sense. First of all, I am aware that "warped" roters is a misnomer, and it is actually due to thickness lack of uniformity on the rotor. Also, I have only had this car for 7500 miles, which is awefully early for such problems. This is my first new car to have this problem, but I did buy it with 125 miles on it, so I had no control over the usage and original break-in of my brakes. My 02 WRX that had 3 miles on it upon purchase had no problems for 35k miles prior to trading it in for my new leggy :).

Another problem is that I do have a little wishful thinking; I don't like to do upgrades on brakes and stuff until I need replacements, so I'm kinda hoping to need something new that is not covered by warranty :D.

BTW Juxta, that is an awesome site. I had never seen that before. Thanks!

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Looks like the "warped" debate is happening in another thread right now, so I'll let them duke it out.

If you are looking for validation to buy new ones, I would say go for it. Doesn't seem to matter what you call the cause of your brake shudder, carbide is carbide, not going to get better. So: Subaru $$$$ + Cryo Treatment + new pads = happy brakes. :cool:

Oh, might as well put in SS brake lines and new fliud while you are at it.........

-Brent

Nah, save some money and get it taken care of under warranty. I had this brake pulsation issue only at highway speeds, and the service dept. corrected it by resurfacing the rotors and installing new pads.

I know that cutting rotors makes them thinner and not as able to dissipate heat, but it's free! When I need to do the brakes, I will gladly upgrade the rotors/pads to my liking.

I think I felt the brake pulse last night getting off the highway, 60+ I get it under 60 nothing. I have never nailed the brakes, when I come to a stop I always roll slowly or pull the ebrake, I don't rest on the front brakes. Now I just want to get new rotors..but like you said I'll get them resurfaced.

• 8 months later...

Bringing this one back. Cryo rotors do offer more than just protection from warping or uneven wear. In fact, they wear much longer and can effectively be easier on your brake pads.

www.frozenrotors.com offers a cryo-treating service. They also sell cryo-treated slotted & non-slotted rotors but unfortunately none for the '05+ Legacy yet.

Archived