LegacyGT.com

What is the difference in the sti motor and the lgt motor?

depends on what you want to do to it. if you want to make a high HP monster the 6 speed can hold a lot more power.

I have an 06 spec.b which has the 5 speed and im pushing 285hp and 316tq with no issues

depends on what you want to do to it. if you want to make a high HP monster the 6 speed can hold a lot more power.

I have an 06 spec.b which has the 5 speed and im pushing 585hp and 616tq with no issues

Why would you need more power than the Spec B already has? Those numbers I quoted are beast and that's stock! :eek:

an 05 lgt and an 05 sti, so the engines are completely different or what?, i just want to know if i can make a lgt fast enough to beat up on sti's

Yes. My Stg2 tuned lgt beats up on Stg2 tuned STis. You will,be racing them on a closed course dragstrip, right?

I wish there was a forum on the internet that has been active since 2004 that has covered this information so we could search it and find the answers. Such is life. :(

is the turbo different in both cars?

Motor's are the same :whoa:, its a smaller turbo, intercooler and tune on the LGT. Get an uppipe, downpipe and stage 2 tune, and you'll hang with STi's.

Read through the different technical subforums and stickeys, and search topics.

Ya know, I have been on this forum for a while and have wondered the same thing. I guess a lot of us have better things to do then sit on the couch and read forums all day.

I do work with a Tuner, so if I have questions and can always ask him. He knows my HP goals and say's for a good stage 2 set up the stock rods are fine. When I rebuild the engine next spring I'll get new rod bolts have the heads freashed up block honed or bored if needed, then reassembled by a trusted shop. I'll also upgrade to a 68HTA turbo. I'm currently at stage 2 with 131,700 miles. I'll do a sti oil pump and Gates timing belt.

The car will hang with Mustang GT's now. Not bad for a station wagon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Its a forum board, and your asking questions that have been answered over and over. That comment is going to come up.

Yes an LGT can hang with an STI given the mods to the LGT. But you will need to dump money in to it. A normal stage 2 LGT is around 250 WHP thats a 20% loss in drive train so thats give or take 320 hpr at the crank. This is just down pipe and tune. So depending on what you want to do our cars can be plenty fast.

I hear theres no oil on earth thats good enough for the Spec B. You have to use unicorn blood

mind burns unicorn blood starting at around 2800 miles. I switched back over to gypsy tears and have been happy since

mind burns unicorn blood starting at around 2800 miles. I switched back over to gypsy tears and have been happy since

ever since italy curbed their gypsy tear exports, its been hard to find some good gypsy tears. on top of that, Cairo (Egypts #1 G-Tear producer) started an embargo.... now China is mass producing, but everyone knows Chinese Gypsy tears lack chemical balancing and cannot be run through Subaru fuel lines. My advice would be to stay away.... stick with the unicorn blood for now.

Archived