LegacyGT.com

New Emblem

Boostin1657615274

Like it or Hate it?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Like it or Hate it?

So I know there are a lot of haters for doing STi emblems, but the back of my car was looking a little bare, and I wanted to put something. I found a $15 badge on eBay I liked and tried it out. I liked it so much, I decided to use it. It matches my blacked-out Subaru star emblem very well. Please let me know your thoughts.

Emblem:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/jrroszko/2005%20Legacy%20GT/DSCF2270.jpg

On car:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/jrroszko/2005%20Legacy%20GT/DSCF2269.jpg

On the search for a new DD...

I don't care for debadging either. I think if you had the Legacy badge it might look good underneath (where the 2.5GT sits), otherwise it doesn't look right to me. I have all stock badges and STi overlays on my tarmac 2's.

I got what I expected about this, about 1/3 like it, 1/3 hate it, 1/3 are indifferent. I wanted to leave the chrome because (a) it stands out a little more (b) it matches my subaru emblem perfectly. I like having a different setup so we arent all building the exact same car on this forum; I put eyelids on my headlights and had about the same response, which doesnt even begin to bother me. As far as positioning, I put it in the factory location where it would normally read 2.5GT. I dont have any desire to put the legacy badge back on, I like people having to guess, part of the fun for me with this car is the mystery, around NC, almost noone even recognizes this car.

I have no problems with the badge itself, chrome or no chrome.

but are you tryin to say you have a Legacy STI?

No, but I am trying to say I have parts developed by Subaru Technica International (AKA the engine). If I was trying to be a legacy STi, I would buy that badge. But I put it there to keep people guessing, nobody is going to know what is actually done to the car seeing that badge.

Archived