LegacyGT.com

$1300 to spend!!!

How reliable is the jb weld thing? Is there a thread for it? Cause ill prob do that and buy brake pads, and sway bars. I don't want springs cause I'm planing on coilovers. And I think I'm going to get the catted dp with the money I save from the pulley.

There are many theads about JB weld. Some have had much luck at 19psi for years and some have blown right away. The search function on the site is not the best but it is mostly functional. (not sarcasm, I find it frustrating sometimes)

OEM brake pads blow chunks. All agree. I had major issues with brakes and kept taking it back and complaining over and over till I switched pads.

Sway bars are considered by many to be the #1 bang-for-buck upgrade for the LGT. JDM LGT come with bigger sways 'nuff said.

If you are not too worried about the smell of the catless pipes you could go catless as a catless tune cat still be quite clean. Personally I knew I was going to get on it if I modded the car and did not want to have anything extra to agitate whatever cop felt he needed to teach me a lesson.

wrt performance bits, im running a flex grimmspeed up, cobb catless dp, oem cbe, trans cooler, jb weld tmic (lol), trans mount insert, and an infamous tune.

brakes are centric rotors, stoptech pads and ss lines (i stuck w/ oem calipers).

you can def smell the exhaust, but it is not terrible. crack the windows, and the smell is barely noticeable.

as for the sound, i think my setup is pretty loud, so try and listen in person, go for rides, etc.

as much as i want magnaflows (or cobb or perrin), it is def loud enough as is.

it has been proven that an aftermarket cbe will give you some gains, but very minimal compared to what you are paying.

save that 500 or so to put to something else.

id say get an up, dp, tmic (perrin, avo, ipt, etc), ap (i like the ap for its ease of use), infamous tune, trans cooler, and tires if youre still on the crap re92.

that will put you a few hundie over your 1300 cap, but it is a solid setup. def expect to pay much less if you gut your pipes, go opensource, and pick up used parts. check the forums here.

dont even bother with a jb weld tmic. ive gotten away w/ one for quite some time now, but i consider myself lucky.

ive also limited my stg2 tune to 15psi, so ymmv.

this is all being considered for someone - like yourself - that is just getting into the lgt modding game, and wants a noticeable difference from the $ you put in, and for the maximum ease/peace of mind.

once you get that stuff, you can work on getting brakes and suspension. my setup ran me around 550.

sways and endlinks in the future, maybe, but im not much of an aggressive driver so ive not really considered swapping out my oem suspension.

but do what you like-if you want that power, get the power upgrades and worry about balancing the other stuff later.

sooner than later, consider getting a better brake setup.

I am looking at spending $1300 in the next week or so, i just want to make sure im doing it right (getting decent and the right parts). Here is the list.

IPR TMIC

GMS Catback

ERZ Catless Uppipe

Catless Downpipe

Perrin Short Ram Intake

GMS lightweight crank pulley

**I already have a Cobb AP so im on stage 1 and an Apexi AVC-R Boost controller.

Once I get these parts im going to go AP stage 2.

Does anyone see parts that i am missing or parts i should swap out to get something else instead?

Thanks for the help.

-Josh

Your list looks to be well over $1300 to me unless you are getting a lot of used stuff. I'd skip the intake and Pulley. Then sell the Apexi BC and AP. Get a 1mm pill, OS tune, and a CXLighting CBE instead of the GMS. That to me would be the best bang for the buck for engine performance.

Archived