LegacyGT.com

New tire advice needed

pajeannie

Hi! :lol: I am new to the site and I currently own my 2nd subaru. This time i have the legacy special edition sedan. I am currently using the original tires but i must say they have been terrible in the snow. :mad: My older 91 legacy station wagon handled well in snow with any tires but maybe since this one is lighter i need a better tire. Any suggestions? :confused: I really dont want strickly snow tires but i may have to do that. I live in the snowy mountains of pa and we get snow sleet and freezing rain all winter.

Lots of people seem to like the Bridgestone RE960's. Since 2006 my car has had a set of Toyo Proxes TPT that are siped and they do fine in the winter. My house was all down hill to get to and all up hill to get out of so in the winter time my driveway was horrible. I get tons of snow and ice in the winter where I live and I NEVER had a problem with them! I am able to go everywhere I want to. Toyo doesn't make that tire anymore and now they replaced it with the Toyo Extensa HP which isn't made in the 205/55/16 size. So I currently don't know what I'll be going to either. Probably some sort of Toyo tire because they have always been good to me.

Archived