LegacyGT.com

how long do the orginal brake disks last?

kopke

I have a '06 Legacy Lux (yee i know only 2.0 and no turbo. Ther are hardly any turbo cars on the forsaken ieland ) and i was wondering how long the original brakes can last. My car curently stands att 76.000Km or 47.000 miles.

I have not notice any dramatic change in the brakes but on the other hand I drive it every day and the changes are slow. The brake fluid has not dropt that mutch. Only just so.

• I Donated
It really depends on how you drive. I usually eat through my brakes in about 25,000 miles. I've seen others make their brakes last over 100,000 miles. The average seems to be somewhere around 50,000 - 75,000 miles.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
I think they pads are the same between the two cars....but you will want to compare the two with both of them in hand before you just slap on parts lol

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I'm at 56k and just noticed the screaching sound when the pads are getting low. Any pad suggestions for '08 LGT stock? Should I just get some pads from autozone or spend some extra $$$ for better pads?

Your brakes are the only parts that stop the car. Do you really want to go cheap? You don't have to go buy ceramic brakes, but I'd spend some money on a decent set. I run Hawk HPS pads, I love them. Now if your car is just stock and you're thinking of staying there, then you can just throw on some OEM ones or buy mid-range pads that aren't expensive. IMHO I'd spend the money on good pads, but I like spending my money on nice things.

:yeahthat:

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced my pads and rotors at 45K miles, but this was only done because I had a frozen front brake caliper that toasted one side. The other side had plenty of meat left, but of course it's best to replace in pairs.

Today I think my brake pad upgrade to Hawk HPS pads paid off. As I was changing lanes on the highway, someone traveling about 25mph slower entered the lane right in front of me. The initial bite of the brakes helped out in this case.

I got my pads from Fred Beans, so far they have been a great help!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived