LegacyGT.com

CXLighting Catback on an Outback

proflatlander15

Yeah it has a resonator. The drone isn't that bad anywhere except between 2700-3000rpm in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear. I am getting used to it though. I also think it's louder because it's a wagon and the noise resonates in the open trunk area more.

That CBE def looks great on your OBXT. And I think you're absolutely correct about the reverberation chamber in the wagon. I've been getting used to my non-resonator GMS on my wagon; particularly after realizing the exhaust sounds much nicer from outside the car. I wonder if filling the back of the wagons with styrofoam packing material would help. (Of course, then I envision stepping on it and letting the windows down...:lol:

• 1 month later...
Well got my exhaust today and bolted that puppy on...........but it didnt work out to well. I dremmeled out the cut outs but the exhaust tips sit so high up they sit against the bumper support. Also the exhaust is SUPER quite to my ear at least. Does it get louder as I drive it and "break it in" or no? Guess I may have to straight pipe the rear or something

For clearance, try longer hangers, and loosen the bolts at the front of the catback while you're installing the hangers. Don't forget to re-tighten them...
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Yeah I did have to have longer hangers put on, but not because the muffler was touching the bumper beam. I had Sean at Subimods cut the pipe at the muffler and reweld it so it sat even the with other muffler.

I had to get longer exhaust hangers because the midpipe was rubbing against the driveshaft. I have not noticed any difference in the exhaust since I have put it on, but maybe I was just not listening hard enough. I am getting quite a drone between 2700-3100rpm in 4th and 5th gears. Any pics OutbackXT05?

Ill get some on here soon. I ended up going to the picknpull the day after I got the exhaust and got 4 ginormous exhaust hangers so its all good now. Took me a while to find the right car ended up finding 4 different early 90s jeep cherokees and what a pain that was getting them off.

The exhaust looks nice but as everyone else has had the problem with it one of the mufflers hangs a tad lower. And as far as the sound its soooo quite it was kinda a let down for me. It doesnt drone the slightest bit at all. I will chime back in when I gut 2 cats but for now im going to leave it as it is. It could be that I was used to the hogzawst though. It does sound good though it just doesnt have the volume I want. Probably because I'm still a youngin and wants a lot of noise :) I drove it to the picknpull with no mufflers and loved it

Once you go stage two they have a nice sound to them. Nice and deep, but not obnoxious loud.

For you wagon guys, dynomat the hatch area(mainly the floor and spare tire well) or use similar stuff they sell at home depot. I forgot what its called, i think its for roofing, but its basically the same as dynomat and way cheaper.

This will cut down ALOT of your cabin drone!!! You will thank me later :cool:

Alrighty I finally snagged a few pics of the exhaust. Only flaw is like the others the right muffler hangs a tad lower.

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/fibtlcivic/Outback%20xt%20pics/DSCF0877.jpg

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/fibtlcivic/Outback%20xt%20pics/DSCF0876.jpg

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/fibtlcivic/Outback%20xt%20pics/DSCF0875.jpg

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt307/fibtlcivic/Outback%20xt%20pics/DSCF0878.jpg

Looks fine, the difference will likely only be noticed by you and you can mess with the hanger a long as the pipes and muffler got some room to move. You should def consider the move to Stage 2, it's well worth it. My parts and Infamous-tune make a very noticeable difference in performance and sound. I debadged my wagon, seemed like too much 'going on' back there. I need them 'splash guards' !

Archived