LegacyGT.com

Ok, I'm now half way through my road trip - great gas mileage

This morning, I went to Subaru at 8am so they can look at my alignment/suspension, which turned out to be fine. I got home about 10:30 and washed my car, then packed it up. At 12:30pm - I was on the road heading from Staten Island, NY to Danbury Ct. The trip was a total of 122 miles and I averaged 24.9 mpg. In about a half hour, I will be on the road again heading now up to Albany, NY. I'll report at the end what my overall mpg was for the whole trip.

Nothing like a nice day to put a few hundred miles on the Legacy. I'll post again tonight in Albany.

I am really loving this car. :)

- Mike

Guest *Jedimaster*

I'll be in Lake George (well, not IN it) this June if anyone wants to meet up.

Mike, I think the summer gas has an effect- mine has been much better lately as well- I'm also skip shifting and not rev matching downshifts as often.

I commute about 40 miles, Northport to JFK. I occasionally get 28-30 miles to the gallon, but that's at about 2650-2800 rpm. My morning commute on the Northern State is typically at 75-80 mph, 3200-3500 rpm. At that pace, the mileage is about 23.5-24.5.

The car is so sweet at 80. Can't resist stepping on the gas just to feel that torque, only because I can.

BTW- In 5 or so years, I have never seen the state troupers pull over a speeder on the Long Island Parkways (North or South) between 4 and 5:30am. Nice courtesy on their part to let us hustle off to work.

Going to VA from NC on I85, then I95, for a total of 300 miles, I achieved 27mpg on the car's gas mileage readout, so lets say 26mpg and that's all will a light foot and cruise control.

Going back to NC from VA on I95, then I85, I achieved 12mpg on the car's gas mileage readout. Also maxing out the speed limiter didn't help.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

Guest *Jedimaster*
Mike- do you make it to Albany much? My wife is from there and we'll be there next weekend visiting family- I'll treat you to dinner.

Mike- do you make it to Albany much? My wife is from there and we'll be there next weekend visiting family- I'll treat you to dinner.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't come here often - I'm visiting my brother who is graduating in a few weeks. Basically my two brothers and me are having a weekend of partying up here. Lots of fun.

Thanks for the offer.

- Mike

Guest *Jedimaster*
I'm more of an Italian food kinda guy- hoping the monster in law treats us next week.

Ok, just drove from Albany to Danbury CT.

136.8 miles - averaged 27.0 mpg

Leaving now to drive to Staten Island, NY - which is about 125 miles from here.

Ok, I'll be on later.

This should be good news for anyone shopping for an LGT and wondering how the gas mileage is on it. The trip from Albany to Danbury Ct. to Staten Island New York was 251.8 miles. I averaged 26.7 mpg for the entire trip. Very good mileage. Not too shabby for the automatic. The car now has 4577 miles on the odometer. As long as you keep the car out of the boost - the gas mileage is great. For only city driving with lots of boost - I get about 17 mpg. Highway driving with little boost and crusing between 68-73 mph you get about 26.7 mpg.

- Mike

Doing a little Wardriving Mike?

Not this time :lol: :lol:

Most of the trip was driving in NYS and I don't feel like getting any points on my license. There was a lot of state troopers on the road and they also radar from helicopters too. I decided to keep the car at a nice speed with the cruise control engaged and cruise without having to worry about being radared and pulled over.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I meant because it seemed like you were posting form a laptop every time you stopped to take a leak :lol:

Archived