LegacyGT.com

my moonroof interior cover opens by itself under hard acceleration

iNVAR

Hopefully some of you guys are getting the same problem and have come up with an elegant solution? Since going stage 2, I've noticed that under hard acceleration in 1st gear, the moonroof cover has a tendency to work itself backwards so after a spirited drive, it's open all of about 2 inches where I'm guessing friction/tension finally keeps it table.

Is my cover too loose, or is this "normal"? Any one have a nice solution, or is it just something I should deal with? :p

Ahhh disregard, found some threads on it finally.

Sounds like the retaining clips on the sides of your shade are loose or broken. Your dealer should be able to repair it without taking anything apart. From what I recall it's two small plastic clips that get popped out of place.

So anyone have the part numbers? Gonna take a look at mine later.

• 3 weeks later...

Must be over-modded. Definitely exceeded the g-force threshold of the cover. Do your lips peel back and the skin on your face distort when this happens?

You can probably find any number of unobtrusive items to wedge in there until a more permanent fix if found. How about a small piece of some sticky-back velcro?

Archived