LegacyGT.com

new to the forums

Let's try this then...

Go to the top of the 4th gen forum, click on the compilation of cheap/free mods, scroll down for the one about a DIY grille for the 2008. I didn't think that was that hard.

If one search doesn't come up with the results, try again with slightly different terms. I'm not trying to be a dick, but the same questions pop up over and over again and there are threads all over about the DIY grilles, definition of stages, and which mods to do first because people start new threads instead of searching a few times.

/rant

It's cool; I'm with the band

I'm not trying to be a dick, but the same questions pop up over and over again and there are threads all over about the DIY grilles, definition of stages, and which mods to do first because people start new threads instead of searching a few times.
True...

and understood...although in the lady's defense it isn't that easy for the novice to search effectively...and of course there's the somewhat frustrating issue of the search function being made even more cumbersome (my pet peeve) and difficult (by the Admin's choice here of forum spam protection level...for us all)...Although MUST it actually be entered each and every time as it is now required to have the user type in the 4-6 character response to the 'image' presented (text being obscured almost entirely by digital swirls and apparently aspen tree branches and such?) done of course for security purposes but it does seem a bit much?...all of course to avoid spammers getting into our site via this back door which is less than desirable i realize... How about just one time per visit and not each and every time one wishes to search each phrase or each word, etc?

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/JRanmann/Screenshot2010-09-11at24450PM.png

Trouble is that for a newcomer, or for one with less than 20/10 steroscopic vision (like myself?) it's very difficult to make out the characters (especially when the letters are written in reverse and are under those aforementioned pesky and almost fully obstructing 'tree branches' and colored swirls spoken of earlier) that overlay said 'image'...? I suppose it's just another ramification and price we all pay as to possible terrorist attack... on this the ninth anniversay of 9/11...Heaven forbid that the hordes trying desperately perhaps to virtually ram 757's into our servers very heart be not thwarted and summarily turned away... It just could test the patience of Job to find anything here for a newbie...not entirely familiar with the proper search terminology?

:D

Cheers!

^ I have no idea what you're talking about with having to type in the encoded boxes. All I have to do to search is click on the search bar and type in what I'm looking for or if I'm searching in a specific forum (say 4th gen) use the thread tools option and choose "search this forum." The only problem is having to wait 10 seconds in between searches when I can't find what I'm looking for the first time.

I have no idea what you're talking about
Well that figures you are riding backwards and are obviously immune... :D

Some of us are not so blessed here...see the image in my above posting which must be parsed, understood and the characters typed in correct sequence each time, before a new search can begin...perhaps it's your perspeciive from the rear, or your lengh of time posting here? More likely I on probation for being an obvious smart ass, huh?

:D

PS: Unlike other's less than patient comments....OP saying

...did you not understand the words - "I'm new to this" ? yeahhh, guess not.
is a bit much...I can imagine her hands on her hips, pouting and is a bit of a stretch agreed and sorta bitchy if you ask me and somewhat uncalled for, even for a ricer?... Although on the other hand as I stated, and given my experience with the search function I can fully understand her less than patient and sudden outburst, which she by now likely regrets? It's a toss-up really... Perhaps she can't help herself? See below:

http://www.medicinenet.com/tourette_syndrome/article.htm

Cheers!

Well that figures you are riding backwards and are obviously immune... :D

What happens is that my trusty white stallion is actually trained well enough to read and retype those indecipherable codes and bypass that for me. That way, from me backward perch atop this mighty steed I have nothing but a clear view of my search topics.

All sarcasm aside, I hope my first post will lead the OP to do a little more searching and my second post will put her in the right direction for the DIY grille for an 08 so we can avoid anymore bashing.

Oh, and welcome to the board ladysoobaru, hope you enjoy your stay.

Now back to the OP.

I'm sporting a carbon fibre grill from R-REV SPORTS who is a vendor on this site. He also does fibreglass grills if you prefer. Very happy with the product and service.

Here is his profile page on this forum:

http://legacygt.com/forums/member.php?u=11943

Here is his product listing with photos on his website:

http://www.rrevsports.com/p_products.htm

Good luck.

Archived