LegacyGT.com

COBB Tuning Retail Facility to Open in Southern California

COBB Tuning

http://blogs.cobbtuning.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/SoCallogolong.jpg

COBB Tuning will be opening a new retail sales, service and tuning facility in Southern California in November 2010. The new shop, named COBB Tuning Socal, will be at the center of the LA import tuner scene in its Fountain Valley, CA location. COBB Tuning Socal will offer installation, fabrication, maintenance, repair and AccessPORT engine management tuning services.

COBB Tuning is excited to bring its high-quality performance parts, easy-to-use AccessPORT engine management solutions, proven tuning philosophy and outstanding customer service to the mecca of import performance. In return, COBB Tuning Socal will provide an important link to the fastest moving import tuning scene in the country, keeping up with the latest trends and technology in performance modification.

COBB Tuning Socal will offer a full menu of services from this new facility, including: bolt-on power installations, staged power packages, engine builds, professional dyno tuning, custom fabrication, precision alignments, project car consultation, suspension design and set-up and drivetrain enhancement. Jon Drenas has been a significant tuner in the area for many years and will continue to crank out high horsepower creations as the lead calibrator at COBB Tuning Socal, providing professional dyno tunes for customers as well as R&D tuning for AccessPORT development. Danny Heng will be COBB Tuning Socal’s front man, leading the sales team and providing customers with insightful project car consultation. The remaining positions will be announced as they are staffed in the upcoming weeks.

Keep up to date as the build-out of COBB Tuning Socal progresses by subscribing to the COBB Tuning Blog and becoming a fan of the COBB Tuning Socal Facebook Page. The COBB Tuning Socal Grand Opening date will be announced shortly and will be an open invitation to visit the new facility, meet the staff and meet fellow tuning enthusiasts. Stay tuned for more exciting news coming from COBB Tuning Socal!

Uh oh. Does that mean my tuning guarantee is about to expire?

You had a tuning guarantee? I remember when HB Speed had that on the website but by the time I got tuned by them, they had taken it off. Good reason also, too many people would want their money back. The tune I got from HB Speed was bad. Overboost issues, wrong A/F ratio... Took them 7 months to send me a fix AFTER I had to prove that something was wrong with the tune. I was hitting boost cut very easy although I was told it was "impossible". I put a boost gauge on the car and NOW I could see the issue.

Not until I got tuned by Infamous was I happy with the tune. No more overboosting and he used a wideband 02 to actually measure the A/F.

I think I could write several pages about HB Speed. Not too upset to see them go but I guess in a way they are still here. I hope Cobb will keep things under control with them otherwise their lead tuner will be on IM while you car is sitting on the dyno...waiting... for hours....

Not to piss on the party, but if you need a tune Long, just ask. Shamar will take care of you. We are partnered up too. I do the wrenching, he does the tuning. Infamous Performance. Good luck to Cobb w/ the old HB. I guess that means we wont be getting a tuner license from them.

This is an all-new facility under COBB Tuning management and Jon Drenas and Danny Heng will be be a part of the team with Jon handling the tuning and Danny taking care of customer support and sales. Tim Bailey will be managing this as well as the COBB Tuning Surgeline facility. We are currently looking for other team members to add at this time. If you feel like you could be a part of the team, please send a resume to tim.bailey@cobbtuning.com

COBB Tuning stands behind our work 100%. Should you ever have an issue please call and we will do everything to see that your expectations of service and quality are met. We look forward to seeing new and old faces when the shop opens later this fall!

Travis

COBB Tuning

You had a tuning guarantee? I remember when HB Speed had that on the website but by the time I got tuned by them, they had taken it off. Good reason also, too many people would want their money back. The tune I got from HB Speed was bad. Overboost issues, wrong A/F ratio... Took them 7 months to send me a fix AFTER I had to prove that something was wrong with the tune. I was hitting boost cut very easy although I was told it was "impossible". I put a boost gauge on the car and NOW I could see the issue.

Not until I got tuned by Infamous was I happy with the tune. No more overboosting and he used a wideband 02 to actually measure the A/F.

I think I could write several pages about HB Speed. Not too upset to see them go but I guess in a way they are still here. I hope Cobb will keep things under control with them otherwise their lead tuner will be on IM while you car is sitting on the dyno...waiting... for hours....

At least your issue was resolved, mine was tuned by HB over 2 years ago and I have not since been able to select sport sharp mode on my car because it stalls. Jon Blames Cobb, Cobb Blames the tuner and I am locked out of the tune so cannot even get someone else to fix the problem.

Hopefully Cobb being now "Officially" responsible for Jon's work will improve the after sales support.

It appears that some of you are having some issues with previous tunes and we will do everything that we can to see that these issues were resolved. We work very hard to make sure that our customers are happy with the finished product but we understand that mitigating factors sometimes compromise this, be it technical issues or otherwise.

I have spoken to Jon and he is more than willing to continue to support previous customers. It seems that in some of out have had some tuning issues or problems with the hardware not working as expected.

Chubien, I would like to know where your car sits as of now. What map are you running and are you continuing to have issues with the SI-Drive system? I think we can resolve this but it appears that we will have to make some changes to your map.

Omicron, I would like to hear what issues you had specifically with your tune. I realize now that you have used an alternate vendor, but we would like to be able to earn your business in the future.

If you ever have any issues please let us know and we will do all that we can to see that these are resolved quickly and as painlessly as possible.

Travis

COBB Tuning

Travis,

My problems with my SI-drive persist along with at least one more person that I am aware of (Same problem-Same tuner). For more info on the subject please refer to a post I created on the Cobb forums a couple of years ago:

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/showthread.php?40080-Protune-Throttle-mapping-issues

The current map I have has been revised but the problem persists.

Would be nice to have a fully functional SI drive and I appreciate your leverage in getting this resolved.

Essentially no since COBB Tuning is not taking over HBSpeed. This is an all new COBB Tuning facility. That said, we will honor all work done with our commitment to customer satisfaction and top-quality customer service. Should you ever have an issue with a COBB Tuning product or service, we will do everything we can to make sure you are satisfied and your car is running the way it should.

We are still working out details as it pertains to previous HBSpeed customers, and we will have that information soon.

Travis

COBB Tuning

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
We are not open yet but we are hoping to have our doors open before the new year. We will make an announcement when this happens and of course, we will have a big Grand Opening party!

Travis

COBB Tuning

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1214.snc4/156672_124086870986821_100001565250872_143646_765015_n.jpg

Archived