LegacyGT.com

$17,000 too much for a 05 LGT wagon?

Hi all,

I'm absolutely in love with my 05 LGT sedan, and my wife is looking to replace her old Toyota Sienna. We've found a White '05 LGT for $17,000 with around 70,000 miles on it. Is this too much to pay? I was under the impression they weren't worth quite that much... I guess since white is a little more rare of a color, but I don't think it's worth an extra $3,000... However, it would be nice to have 2 Legacy's in the family. :-)

Most 05s are going in the $10-13k range depending on mileage, so $17k is ridiculous, wagon or not. Especially if its an auto. Auto wagons aren't as rare because they produced them for 3 years, manuals only came in 05.

Check the boards here, there have been a few wagons come around in the car classifieds.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Hi all,

I'm absolutely in love with my 05 LGT sedan, and my wife is looking to replace her old Toyota Sienna. We've found a White '05 LGT for $17,000 with around 70,000 miles on it. Is this too much to pay? I was under the impression they weren't worth quite that much... I guess since white is a little more rare of a color, but I don't think it's worth an extra $3,000... However, it would be nice to have 2 Legacy's in the family. :-)

did you try KBB yet?

KBB values are regional. My California zipcode comes up with $19,235 for dealer retail and $16,685 for private party "excellent". That is ASSuming an automatic Limited model. A 5MT is going to be worth less on KBB, even though they are worth more to most of us.

-- Steve

try nadaguide.com it gives more realistic values

+1. KBB is under heavy dealer/lender control to escalate values for cars to get them sold for more $. It is what I use when I am the seller but when I am the buyer it's nadaguide.com for me.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

/\/\ what he said. I used to do the same thing all the time when I sold a car. But buying one yes I use Nadaguide. They highball the car and ask obo so they can get what they want. If they start at what its worth for real then they will be offered less. Simple sales technique. When they drop the price you thing you are getting a deal even though they are getting what they want.

Archived