LegacyGT.com

Trunk Lid replacement

Dear fellow subaru owners,

I am currently considering a trunk lid swap, but had a few questions before doing so. I have swaped many trunk lids in the past on honda accords (my previous series of cars) but am currently unsure on how to swap the trunk lid from an 08 2.5iSE. Besides the bolts that hold on the trunk lid to the arms, how is the lock mechanism removed and are there any problems with trunk release?

Any help would be much appreciated, maybe a walk through or even pics! SOrry if this was posted a while back, i could not find anything in searching.

Thanks,

Jason

Does your trunk have a key lock in it? My '08 GT doesn't, so unless you are getting a trunk without the entire mechanism, that shouldn't need to be touched, as the actual remote and lever release work from the base of the trunk lock.

I've looked at mine a couple times. If you don't have a spoiler looks like just bolts. If you have a spoiler there's obviously a wire too, but I think it connects right by the hinges..... but I've never done this before on a Suby.....

I think the hardest thing would be realignment....

Other than the bolts holding the lid to the hinge arms, you also need to undo the power cable for the spoiler light and the cable for the trunk release. Both are pretty easy to do and you'll see them right away when you take the liner off.

I found that the easiest way to realign the lid was to have someone in the trunk itself after you loosely rebolt it to the arms. Then you close the trunk, align it from the outside, then have the person inside bolt the thing down.

Other than the bolts holding the lid to the hinge arms, you also need to undo the power cable for the spoiler light and the cable for the trunk release. Both are pretty easy to do and you'll see them right away when you take the liner off.

I found that the easiest way to realign the lid was to have someone in the trunk itself after you loosely rebolt it to the arms. Then you close the trunk, align it from the outside, then have the person inside bolt the thing down.

looks like when I do my trunk swap I'll finally get some use out of that half dead hooker.

Archived