LegacyGT.com

First drive: The new BMW 330i

That is my biggest complaint with BMW of late, the base on the cars is just too damn high much less with any options. If it was $41K for a loaded up 335i or 335d then it would be a different story.

ya its ridiculous..indeed that's the problem with BMW...my friends 335xi was up at 50K a bit more if im not mistaken. i mean this is the base model were talking about and they don't even give you standard features that most luxury cars have like heated seats. i personally would go with the lexus IS AWD although it lacks power, it certainly a better looking car inside and out with all the features at about 38-40K. that reminds me the IS F is amazing lol

The fact that it takes $50K to obtain a loaded 3 series is ridiculous and kind of sad. I was not and am not a huge fan of the IS, I sold several of them but did not find them to be as good a drive as the 3 series. To top it off the back seat headroom is non existent, and front seat headroom isn't much better.

The fact that it takes $50K to obtain a loaded 3 series is ridiculous and kind of sad. I was not and am not a huge fan of the IS, I sold several of them but did not find them to be as good a drive as the 3 series. To top it off the back seat headroom is non existent, and front seat headroom isn't much better.

I think the 2.5L in the IS is lacking. So is the 6MT and the AWD variant is like driving with a cow on the roof, weighing you down. It amazes me that the IS 250 can be so slow compared to a 3 series or even the TSX putting out similar power numbers. It is fuel efficient, which is great, but I can't understand why Lexus continues to only offer AWD on the 2.5L.

In for more Penguin reviews

Sorry my friend but you'll probably have to search for them. The cars are no longer fresh in my mind. It's been a little over two years since I left the car business, so some of the models I was familiar with have changed. So unless you want user impressions of SD70ACe's and ES44AC's I won't be much help.:lol:

I think the 2.5L in the IS is lacking. So is the 6MT and the AWD variant is like driving with a cow on the roof, weighing you down. It amazes me that the IS 250 can be so slow compared to a 3 series or even the TSX putting out similar power numbers. It is fuel efficient, which is great, but I can't understand why Lexus continues to only offer AWD on the 2.5L.

very true. the IS needs to offer more power for the 250 AWD. but definitely a plus for its exterior compared to the TSX and 3 series.

For better or worse BMW like Audi and M-B has adopted a coherent exterior and interior design theme all across the model line. Similar shapes, layouts, materials etc etc. The goal is to maintain high quality and perceived luxury in the lower end cars, but also serves to let anyone who is even a little familiar with the brand to instantly know they are in a BMW just by the interior.

PERCEIVED is such a marketing term :lol:.

BMW is not about innovation and evolution on their bland interiors. In fact the top of the line Camry's interior is much more exciting than that on a bimmer.

45-50K for a lousy interior is unacceptable.

Granted their exteriors are nice and so is the powe rtrain handling blah blah blah.

PERCEIVED is such a marketing term :lol:.

BMW is not about innovation and evolution on their bland interiors. In fact the top of the line Camry's interior is much more exciting than that on a bimmer.

45-50K for a lousy interior is unacceptable.

Granted their exteriors are nice and so is the powe rtrain handling blah blah blah.

definitely agree! and yes i must agree the new powder blue interior in the Camry is beautiful.

Archived