LegacyGT.com

Progress Spring Review

Tronix

hmm interesting as the springs i have are not progressive in the rear (fronts are) and its more like 2" front and 1.5 rear .. so perhaps they re-engineered the springs

wow, my progress springs dropped exactly 1 1/2" front and 1 1/4" rear. weird how we got so different results. and I have the 5eat which should be a tad heavier?

-Tronix(different springs?)GT

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having my Progress springs installed today.

Can't wait to pick it up later to see how it handles now :D

Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

• 1 month later...

Who exactly makes the swifts anyway? I worked at Eibach for 5 years and I never heard of them. Sounds like a fly by night company trying to screw everybody with outrageous prices. Eibach's are the most expansive out there and for a good reason. They were about $220.00 for a kit retail. We produced our own springs under our own building. These do not, they are private labeled junkers I'm sure. Progress at least has a descent German manufacture make them for them. Again Progress are private labled as well but have been doing it this way for a while. But when doing it this way no one can be sure what your getting as standards are not checked like the Eibach's. I don't think Eibach makes them though so Progress would be the only thing I would put in othere than that. Do they make them for Wagons???

Scott

So does anybody know what the weight is on Wagon to Sedan.

Corner weight would be the reall test.

If the wagon is much heavier in the rear than they would not work. Sagging, Squat, bouncy you name it I have have seen this attempted on other cars wagon VS sedan same car installs.

Anybody have a lowered wagon? if piks please

Scott

I've noticed that now with the Progress springs installed the front struts seem to bottom out when I go over railroad tracks or a good size dip or pothole. I'm very disappointed with the ride quality up front now. I wonder if I could go with Spec B struts and the Progress springs? Maybe those would work better than the stock struts.

Anyone else encounter this problem/annoyance?

~Will

Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

'Fraid that's one of the issues with lowering a car. You take ride height away, you take travel away.

The standard struts are valved for standard ride height - i.e. they will control travel over sharp bumps assuming that they have full travel to work with.

Since fitting Whiteline Control springs (27mm drop up front) there are two corners on my way to work that tax the bumpstops (not a problem previously).

You now need to invest in some firmer shocks I'm afraid:

Bilstein.jpg.8216502270bd661dd622512626690cb5.jpg

Yes, I know. Unfortunately there isn't much of a variety to choose from for shock/strut upgrades. That's why I was asking if the Spec B struts would work well or better with my springs. Have you found any firmer struts?

'Fraid that's one of the issues with lowering a car. You take ride height away, you take travel away.

The standard struts are valved for standard ride height - i.e. they will control travel over sharp bumps assuming that they have full travel to work with.

Since fitting Whiteline Control springs (27mm drop up front) there are two corners on my way to work that tax the bumpstops (not a problem previously).

You now need to invest in some firmer shocks I'm afraid:

[ATTACH]12483[/ATTACH]

Uh yeah - see the image? They are my Bilsteins. Not fitted yet, but will be by the weekend. Significantly firmer than standard & the front struts have built-in bumpstops which should mean an increase in total suspension travel.

I'll report back shortly.

Oh okay, sorry for the confusion. Guess I'm a little dense today.

I'll have to look at getting some of those. Where did you get them? Did you get new or used ones?

Archived