LegacyGT.com

Progress Spring Review

Tronix

I was determined to get STi pinks. I was prepared to pony up the $475 for them because after seeing other Legacys with them it looked like a good drop and surely the performance would be there. However last minute I decided to give the Progress a try. I ordered a set from precisiontuning.com (excellent dealer) for $175 shipped. And I couldnt be happier that I did. They lowered the front exactly 1.5" and the rear 1.2". In my opinion its the PERFECT drop. not slammed.. just took the wheel gap out. The ride quality was hardly even sacrificed. I can barely tell a difference in ride, but I can definitely tell a difference in handling.

So my advice... use the extra $300 for a full custom catback or an upipe or a sway bar or some other mod and grab some of these springs.

I've installed over 30 sets of springs in the last 3 years and it was VERY easy to do on the Legacy.

Here are a couple pics.. Sorry the car is dirty but we get more rain here in Cincinnati than Seatlle gets so maybe I'll be able to wash it in a couple months ;)

http://tcforum.com/tronix/springs1.jpg

http://tcforum.com/tronix/springs2.jpg

oh yeah, Ive also tinted the windows since the last pics ;)

18" Wheels on the way!

-Tronix(splish splash)GT

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

Looks just right, IMHO. Nice one.

Hard to believe that's a 1.5" drop as the Swifts, IONs, and Pinks all seem to be significantly lower in all the pics I've seen.

How's the ride over crap pavement?

over crap pavement is where you can barely notice a difference. over regular road you dont notice any difference in ride at all. But in my experience with springs, this is the least I've ever felt. usually lowering makes you feel every bump in the road, and these arent like that.

-Tronix(sway time)GT

I looked on the site and they just have WRX and STI springs listed. Which set fits the Legacy?
Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

They dont have them listed, you just have to drop them a call. The Progress are GT specific.

I know they were actually out of them 2 weeks ago, but they had some drop shipped to me. I got them 4 days after ordering. Rich is a really nice guy and I highly recommend PT if they have something you need.

-Tronix(plug)GT

well if you want a set order them now as they only produced 6 sets of prototypes.. the springs aren't in production yet

i have been talking with progress about the rear sway bar they told me such

• 1 month later...
With these springs, does your LGT bounce up and down alot over rolling pavement? Has anyone else bought these? I'm thinking I may buy these as I missed out on the ION GB. Or should I just stfu and just get Swifts?:lol:

I would estimate.. 20-25% less lifespan with the stock struts with just about any aftermarket spring. naturally the lower the spring, the less the lifespan.

However I will be dropping the Legacy off at Koni here soon, and they will be fitting the car with a full set of adjustibles for free! Just so they can get a legacy to test and fit and begin offering koni's to all of you.

-Tronix(cant beat that)GT

Tronix - It's been a little over a month since you have installed these springs. What is your overall impression? Any bouncing over rolling pavement? Would you say that these are comparable to the Pinks? I'm really considering these as they are half the cost of the pinks.

Tronix - It's been a little over a month since you have installed these springs. What is your overall impression? Any bouncing over rolling pavement? Would you say that these are comparable to the Pinks? I'm really considering these as they are half the cost of the pinks.

Try and find some as progress hasnt released any yet. I am interested too because the $ is so good. I am looking into ordering some whitelines from rallitek for a wagon also.

I would estimate.. 20-25% less lifespan with the stock struts with just about any aftermarket spring. naturally the lower the spring, the less the lifespan.

However I will be dropping the Legacy off at Koni here soon, and they will be fitting the car with a full set of adjustibles for free! Just so they can get a legacy to test and fit and begin offering koni's to all of you.

-Tronix(cant beat that)GT

So there are adjustable Konis in the pipeline! Excellent!!

Yeah from what I hear, there arent any more progress springs available yet..

No the springs are not bouncy, they are stiffer than stock, you can feel a slight difference in ride quality going over rough road but its not that noticable. Overall i still think they are really nice springs. i wanted the pinks as well, but now im glad I got these because they have worked out perfectly, and I cant see how the pinks will perform any better.

I guess i should drive Raptor's Legacy to see if i can tell a difference. he has whitelines. My guess is that I probably wont be able to tell.

-Tronix(sprung)GT

So there are adjustable Konis in the pipeline! Excellent!!

that would be sweet. had koni yellows on my last car and was happy. altthough the price of them plus springs equaled the tein ss setup. i swore i would never buy a spring shock combo for lack of height adj. especially sucks when changing wheels.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I spoke to Progress on the phone about the springs. Looks like they will be coming out mid-July to the dealers. I was quoted the drop will be 1.3" front and 1.0 rear. They also told me the spring rates for front will be 200lb and 330lb for rear - and yes both are progressive. Does anyone know how this compares to the swift springs rates?

I spoke to Progress on the phone about the springs. Looks like they will be coming out mid-July to the dealers. I was quoted the drop will be 1.3" front and 1.0 rear. They also told me the spring rates for front will be 200lb and 330lb for rear - and yes both are progressive. Does anyone know how this compares to the swift springs rates?

Swift:

Front - K=4.25N/mm

Rear - K=6.60N/mm

Swift:

Front - K=4.25N/mm

Rear - K=6.60N/mm

I know what the rates are for the swifts. I was really wanting to know how the rates that were given to me in lbs. converts to N/mm so I could compare.

re: 200lb and 330lb for rear

Those rates seem really soft. Especially up front.

Front and back on my s4 setup were ~400 ish (380) and I was using a softer setup.

Isn't the S4 about 300-400lbs heavier too?

Archived