LegacyGT.com

Rode in '07 Merc S-Class

My friend doing some on-road satellite radio testing dropped by my place over lunch with a camoed 07 Mercedes S-Class (imagine my surprise when I see them in a black taped up Mercedes).. All I can say is, this car is gadget central, if you can imagine it, it has it available. I was amazed, though, at the blatant BMW 7-series ripoffs in the car. Everything from the trunklid to the instrument panel, the nubby transmission shifter, and the i-drive like knob for the climate/radio/nav system. The coolest thing though was the LCD for the speedometer/info center. It's about time someone did that.

The adaptive seats were super-spiff though.. The bolsters (all 4 of them) inflated based on the g-forces being encountered. It was pretty powerful too, but the LGT feels more visceral in it's acceleration. It still floats like an S-class, but at least you feel pretty in control.

Sorry no pictures, I don't think my employer or Daimler Chrysler would appreciate it very much.

I was amazed, though, at the blatant BMW 7-series ripoffs in the car. Everything from the trunklid to the instrument panel, the nubby transmission shifter, and the i-drive like knob for the climate/radio/nav system.

One overpriced name cannot be outdone by another. Of course they are going to rip off each other's ideas.

Hope you don't get your friend in trouble spilling the info.

Archived