LegacyGT.com

Dog Gone you Denver Drivers!!!!

Dom96

Ok,

So this past Saturday, I am driving back to the Springs from Greeley with the Wife and twins in the LGT. So far the car has 2200 miles on it and it is our first real road trip in it. Sure we have taken it up into the mountains alot, but not much interstate action.

On the way up through Denver, I get my first rock chip in the windshield. It annoys me initially, because I am more used to taking trucks/SUVs on these trips, and the rocks never seem to get up past the grill/leading edge of the hood. But, as the drive goes on, I realize I am in a short little car, that is a kick in the pants to drive and I get over it.

Then, on the way back down I-25 (just south of the University exit) something happens that turns my weekend sour. Some moron in a silver Toyota Four Runner is about 15 yards ahead of me doing the posted limit when something comes off his roof. I look to evade but traffic has me boxed in. Whatever it is shatters and large chunks of it impact my Soob. To me, it looks like a really big coffee cup so I am not to worried about it damaging the car, but am insenced by the guys idiocy. Seconds later, another drops, shatters, same story.

I am determined to get around this girl (guy in the passenger seat) and luckily she gets over into the middle lane, which is where she should have been to begin with. As I pass, I try to get the couple's attention to tell them there is something falling from their roof, but the quick glance they flash me is apparently oblivious to me hand signals. I speed away and safely return to C-Springs, a little miffed that I didn't take the toll road to avoid all the idiots.

When I get home, the wife asks me a simple question, "want to be pissed off now or later?" I say now, and she replies, "go look at your car." The front left fender has two large gouges in it, about 2 inches long by 1 inch depth each. Now I am annoyed. Then I notice a small stream of steam coming from the grill area. Inside the bottom lip, the culprit and the victim are present. A large peice of a corningware dish has punctured my radiator. My poor subie has been victimized by some oblivious couple driving their SUV down the interstate with corningware on the roof! The only thing that makes me more angry than the boneheads that did this, it the fact that I did not get their license plate because I was stupid enough to think that no damage had been done.

:mad:

That sucks. I'm not surprised that dishware can puncture a radiator though. How did it get through to the radiator???

Woo hoo! 100 posts!

It came through the opening between the bumper and the lower lip.

that is a complete downer. I once had a rock puncture the AC condensor on my Passat...darndest thing.

Will this be an insurance claim? Either way, complete buzz kill :(

Just talked to the estimator...

$2440 worth of damage (headlight, bumper, fender, AC condensor, Radiator, + clear bra.) Luckily, it will be an insurance claim... unluckily, my deductable is $500.00. :eek:

I could kick myself in the head (if I was that flexible) for not getting that license #.

Sorry that really sucks. My car is about 4 months old and I have a few rock chips in my winshield as well (very small but I know that they are there).

Maybe you can keep your old bumper and sell me the housing for the foglights (been thinking of painting mine black) and save your headlight and we can pratice removing the orange corners in the inside before we attempt our own. :lol:

guys, I am working on a EXTRA set of headlights right now, sooooo, as they get cleared, my original ones can get cleared, and exchanged, and if there are a bunch of us, we can split the cost of the original ones, which are new. What do you think? Either way, I am most likely gonna be doing this in the next 2 months or so.

I am working on getting a set of brand new headlights, OEM, left and right. I will clear those and put them in my car, then my old ones will be cleared and either sold or exchanged, and so on, and so on. Maybe we can have a Colorado "chain mail" effect on the headlights.

I am getting them from a distributor on the internet, once I hae the money...a little tight on cash since I just spent a fortune on suspension and wheels and tires....I expect that I will have the headlights in the next month or so...and then I will do the exchange.

Once i get the lights, and see how they do, I will let everyone know, and I will publish that info on pricing, etc.

Jonny, work was ok, busy, 3 new diagnosis kiddos came in, and when I came back tonight, one did not make it :(

well, gotta get back to it.

Jon

I don't know how you do it. I think that has to be one of the hardest things (helping these kids recover and getting close to them and one of them not pulling through). I give you all the credit in the world. I'm a emotionial little baby and I would have a very hard time doing that. I have to work at the Bike Shop today(1-5) and Monday(9-7) I know next week I have two Appraisials that I have to do on Tuesday and Wednesday but I'll let you know what's going on for the rest of the week. Hope everythings good. :lol:

I really like that black painted look with the clear headlights, I presume you all have seen that. If not, I will try to find a pic. That would prob be better to order as a JDM part though, as I would think it would be really easy to screw up the paint with the baking and all.

C

Sorry that really sucks. My car is about 4 months old and I have a few rock chips in my winshield as well (very small but I know that they are there).

Maybe you can keep your old bumper and sell me the housing for the foglights (been thinking of painting mine black) and save your headlight and we can pratice removing the orange corners in the inside before we attempt our own. :lol:

Think we can try and have a get together for this group lesson?

Think we can try and have a get together for this group lesson?

You can't simply invite yourself over to someone's house unless you start the sentence with "I'll bring beer!" :D

I"ll bring beer!

Archived