LegacyGT.com

Injen coldair on the way finally!

meanrick69

From what im told I'll be one of the first to get a Cold air Intake from Injen in about a week, Ive been waiting for a long time. Im told its 22 whp on a dyno!! Does anyone here have one already? Every car i ve had i always use an Injen CAI. Nice stuff. I'll let you guys know how it is soon.

From what im told I'll be one of the first to get a Cold air Intake from Injen in about a week, Ive been waiting for a long time. Im told its 22 whp on a dyno!! Does anyone here have one already? Every car i ve had i always use an Injen CAI. Nice stuff. I'll let you guys know how it is soon.

Do you have a baseline dyno # for your car yet? If not, do us a favor, and have your car dyno'd and in between runs slap on the CAI. I'd like to see REAL dyno results that aren't from Injen (they've been known to bend the truth of the #'s a bit).

You didn't read it correctly. 22whp means 22hp per wheel. I just ordered my pre-pre-production APC cold air intake (Injen buys them from APC so it's the same one) with the blue foamy filter and chromed intake tubes and I was told it makes 88awhp on the dyno they have in their mom's backyard in Chino.

Don't hate. My car will be so fast after this mod, you'll all be left wondering what that was that just blew by you, sucking the air out of your lungs with that sweet, obnoxious intake/recirc noise that all CAIs have.

:)

Injen intakes are proven to be good for the ej257, giving 10-15whp with an accompying tune.

The injen design (at least with the STi, so I assume also for the LGT) has the same size MAF section as the stock pipe, so it doesn't throw off the ECU like some other CAIs can. It also goes down into the fender, actually getting cold air instead of the hot air short rams inhale.

Also, FWIW, Ecutek reccomends the injen intake.

Not flaming the guy....flaming Injen for claiming 22whp. You wanna put a friggin snorkle on the car and run it like a jeep I could care less.

In spite of my unparalled success with the original APC CAI design, I've been inpired by BoxerGT2.5's comments to ditch it and come up with something even better. I've already contacted my friend who fabricates things for a living and he's going to make a run of my new design in CARBON FIBER if I can get enough people interested. I will make a claim of 50+ horsepower since that's a nice, round number.

I need at least 50 people to make this happen. Who's with me? Please see attached pic for this beauty which I promise will integrate beautifully with the Legacy's clean lines.

snrokus.jpg.59d36d9a5b7dba36ab0fa124a4da9984.jpg

The dyno sheet they faxed to the place i ordered it from showed 22 peak whp. Hey i'll take anything i can get! For a STI they show a 30 peak whp. I ordered it from Silvio at SCA. He is a good friend so he got the fax for me, As far as a price, not sure yet.

Archived