LegacyGT.com

Another Whiteline review

redline76

• 5 months later...
Anyone feel free to chime in here, but if your car is not lowered significantly, endlinks are perhaps the biggest waste of money since strut tower bars. Stock endlinks are a ball-in-socket design, I don't get why an aftermarket unit is any more performance-oriented. I was using stock endlinks on my STI with Perrin sways/ pinks on stock struts and I would abuse that thing at track days. I never flipped the swaybar/bent the endlinks, and I didn't see what benefit the endlinks would do other than prevent this. Autocrossers may have different experiences; most people don't autocross and therfore really don't need endlinks.

your sti had stiffer struts and springs. when you throw a stiffer sway bar on with soft factory springs/dampers you will be more likely to snap/bend the endlinks. wrx and forester owners have that problem, but i haven't heard of it yet with the GT.

aside from that, the stiffer endlinks will remove flex from the system causing the swaybar to react quicker. you won't get less body roll but it will be more linear. if that's of no benefit to you then you're right, the endlinks are worthless.

It looked to me when I was under the car that the stock endlinks are pretty weak and even if you went to a stiffer bar, the effective wheel-rate, would not be changed much.

I took pictures if you really want me to get into it.

Anyone feel free to chime in here, but if your car is not lowered significantly, endlinks are perhaps the biggest waste of money since strut tower bars. Stock endlinks are a ball-in-socket design, I don't get why an aftermarket unit is any more performance-oriented.

Archived