LegacyGT.com

XM Install

jsrwcase

Here is a pic of my XM Roady 2 installed in my wifes Outback. I used a paramount bracket and ran the power wires to the aux 12v in the center console. The antenna I installed on the roof and ran the wire all the way to the unit. Not easy getting the wire under the carpet to the center console. Used a coat hanger with the wire taped to the end.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/afjim2001/detail?.dir=d527&.dnm=d263.jpg&.src=ph

Looks good! I am trying to decide on a location for my Blaupunkt SR04 (Sirius). I will be using FM for integration into the factory unit, but reception seems to be okay wherever I put the unit. Would prefer not to have it up on the dash, so I like what you did. Where do you source a bracket like that?

Thanks,

Dan

I have not yet tapped into the head unit directly. I may use a Delphi antenna hook up to get better sound quality.

I just installed the antenna connectors the mginveau makes for my Roady 2. I installed the Delphi XM FM direct adapter, what a difference. As soon as the connectors become available fro Metra, BUY THEM! A remarkable difference in reception and clarity, well worth it for anyone who is looking for better quality. Now if Metra would just get off their arses and put out the antenna adapters we'd be all set.

Rick

Archived