LegacyGT.com

How does this guy control the temp.?

dolesun

From what I was told it is only sold as a warranty replacement item right now...hence the price tag. If it becomes available as a general upgrade/replacment the price may drop. Since Subaru is the only place you can get it they can pretty much charge whatever they want for it.

Chris

Ok. Just so I know, I might consider it if it goes down below $500.

I can have 10 cds in my car or 150. I'll take 10.

And the car goes plenty fast for me already.

Chris

That's it??? $600 just so you can hear mp3's? For the money you can get something like accessport and just convert your mp3's to cd format and burn them that way.

I also did the VDC stereo upgrade on my LGT wagon. The stereo cost me about $550 from Liberty Subaru, which was the lowest I could find, and apparently pretty near to dealer cost. It's a very, very easy swap, except for getting the parking brake level trim off.

For me I did the upgrade partially to leverage my existing MP3-CD collection (my previous car had a single-disc MP3-CD player), but partially also as a safety concern. I tend to change music styles and CDs fairly frequently, but with the VDC stereo I can carry the equivalent of 50-60 full length albums in the changer, without having to dig for and swap a CD into the stereo.

Anybody else want to buy an LGT 6-disc CD changer?

Archived