LegacyGT.com

Sooo... Whos intrested in getting a Deals Gap Meet on This Summer...

RobY

318 turns 11 miles.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps_dragon_road.html

Thats like taking you average highschool running track and adding 7 turns and driving around it 44 times. Add scenery and you got a carcoaster.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com

I got a friend that went down with the S2k club. He had a blast and puked his brains out 2nd run down.

They actually have this event annually. Perhaps we can get somthing like this going with the suby community...

The funny thing is the North Carolina Half's speed limit for this road is 55mph. Thats WAY too fast to do this comfortably...

"RECORD TIMES:

You will hear a lot about the fastest times on the Dragon. The original timing involved a run from the Overlook to the Crossroads of Time and then back, an 18.6-mile distance. The round trip time was then divided by two. The Deals Gap Riding Society record for an amateur rider was a 22 minute round trip run, which averaged out to 11 minutes (50.7 mph average). The overall record was 18 minutes, or 9 minutes one-way (62 mph average). In order to compete for a new record one had to make the run along with the current record holder."

You arent even coming close to 55mph unless you are petter soulberg.

Sounds intresting who's down?

Sounds fun! Moving to the South East section of the forum. Hopefully people will still see it.

OH NO dont do that :D

I was thinking somewhere along the lines of a whoever wants to come meet. The S2k club has people coming from all around the East Coast. Last weekend they managed to convoy 300+ s2k's from around the nation on the dragon.

http://dragon.drbiggly.com/ .....lots of Subarus

Definitely be careful going to any meet on the dragon. I've ridden the dragon a couple of times via motorcycle. It's a blast and something you will never forget. The problem is other individuals who do not use common sense and think they are race car drivers. Plus, the traffic is very high in that area..... HUGE tourism from enthusiast clubs and motorcycle riders.

Keefe, I'm sure there's someone over on NASIOC that's got an extra bed or floor :)

I just made my reservations yesterday and they had 30 rooms left :)

Check out the thread in the SE forum on NASIOC!

I *will* be there, and I'm taking my dad up to experience the fun (I just hope my wife doesn't go into labour while I'm gone, she'll be 7.5 months preggars at that time)!

Hey crash, do you mind if I split the cost of the room with ya? or is your room booked? I just put in my notice at work, so I'll be leaving on Wednesday night to get there at Thursday morning.. I will probably not bring the extra set of tires, but I will bring my tool box, jack, and brake pads and fluids, just in case.

I'll see if I can bum a floor or bed with the other NASIOC guys.

Kenda, did you reserve a room yet?

Keefe

Keefe

"RECORD TIMES:

You will hear a lot about the fastest times on the Dragon. The original timing involved a run from the Overlook to the Crossroads of Time and then back, an 18.6-mile distance. The round trip time was then divided by two. The Deals Gap Riding Society record for an amateur rider was a 22 minute round trip run, which averaged out to 11 minutes (50.7 mph average). The overall record was 18 minutes, or 9 minutes one-way (62 mph average). In order to compete for a new record one had to make the run along with the current record holder."

You arent even coming close to 55mph unless you are petter soulberg.

Sounds intresting who's down?

Actually, I did almost average 55mph with the WRX.. it's pretty nuts doing over 90+mph at some stretches if you get the right line AND stay on your side of the road.. I was already flamed before from the years past with the WRX at NASIOC.

Here's the thread that I had from last year with the cliff notes:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572994&page=1&highlight=xenonk+dragon

Keefe

Keefe

Keefe,

My dad will be rooming with me, and I won't be arriving until late Friday night... But I'm sure we'd have some room on the floor for you if you don't mind staying there....

BTW, I was the guy in the Blue RS-T directly in front of you on the Thursday run through the dragon last year (with that guy who ended up wrecking into the STi directly in front of me) :rolleyes:

Thanks for the offer, I might have to take you up on that.

Man, I barely remember those days, as I made over 20 full round trips up and down the Dragon.. I am still looking for some other Nasioc members on the boards to see if I can split a room with them... thanks for the reply...

As for the wrecked STi, I think it was DC6 ( a local guy here in the DC area)..

Keefe

Keefe

no i havent booked yet. told im a lazy bastard. :lol: i have to get a room. im bring my friend Lauren for her first "car club experience". i think she's gonna be in fora huge shocker...just not sure how to tell her how to brace for it!!

Kenda

• 2 weeks later...

Archived