LegacyGT.com

Latest.. Am I getting a good deal? Thread

gfxdave99

05 GT LTD Sedan, Black, with the alarm/mirror and they chromed the wheels.

Sticker on it was 30,100 or so.. KBB invoice is 27,052. They are asking 27571.

However they are charging $999 for the wheel chroming. Which I know isnt cheap to have done. So at being charged sticker for the bling bling It's 500 under invoice.

The positive is though that they are giving me $500 more then what they should on KBB for my Trans Am trade in (had a TA and a TSX), which while I could probably make $400 or so bucks selling it (vs what i owe) myself I have to finish doing all the nit picky little touch up stuff to sell it vs losing 400 on it and just trading it in and being done with it.

So the numbers work out as follows

27,571.00 Price

-9600.00 for my TA

17,971.00 taxed sale

+1216.78 tax

+55.39 doc fee

+80.00 Transfer Plates

=19,323.17 OTD plus TA payoff

+10494 Payoff

=29817.17 OTD

Taking into concideration that I will be able to get a pro-rated refund on the extended warranty that I bought on the TA that should easily bridge the gap between the payoff and the trade-in.

I qualified for the one below the lowest apr which is 4.9 for 60mos which is still pretty good which with 2k down still keeps me around the 500/mo I was looking for.

If I didnt trade the TA in and tried to sell it myself I wouldnt get the money back on the warranty and would have to deal with fixing the little paint scratches etc etc and wouldnt be garunteed that I would make anything more off of it then my payoff. As well Since I woudlnt be trading it in I would be paying another $600 in sales tax. Which is in theory the most I could make off the car.

So with all those numbers and figures Good Deal/Bad Deal?

I'm pretty sure they did the chroming on the wheels in their in house body shop which means I'm pretty sure they didnt pay 999 to get it done.

Would I be unreasonable to call tomorrow and tell them if they throw in the chrome wheels for free they have sold a car?

Thoughts el rapido please as I will be deciding Wednesday.

Dave

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Sounds like a good deal to me. However, you probably won't get anywhere asking for the free chromed wheels (but it can't hurt, right?). Anyway, ask them if they can swap out the chromed wheels with regular wheels off another LGT on the lot (if you need to get the price down another $1K). Personally, I wouldn't want chrome wheels anyway (but that's just a personal preference). Anyway, good luck with the car if you decide to go through with it........sounds like a good deal to me.

Sounds like a good deal to me. However, you probably won't get anywhere asking for the free chromed wheels (but it can't hurt, right?). Anyway, ask them if they can swap out the chromed wheels with regular wheels off another LGT on the lot (if you need to get the price down another $1K). Personally, I wouldn't want chrome wheels anyway (but that's just a personal preference). Anyway, good luck with the car if you decide to go through with it........sounds like a good deal to me.

Thanks.. It's black on black with the chrome its actually very sharp.. I have to confir with my automotive peanut gallery at work but I think I'm gonna do it :)

Thanks

PS i havent made the call yet so any more thoughts would be helpful

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

that price seems high to me given current market conditions....for example (not sure how representative but an example nonetheless) there is a new lgt limited auto wagon on ebay for $27k buy it now from an authorized dealer. it's getting late in the model year......

i think it very much depends on where you are. i got a similar deal in phoenix and they weren't willing to budge much on it. i've heard people on the east coast getting ridiculous deals.

in my opinion, you're getting a good deal.

Oh well, I went and bought it :)

I'm happy with the deal I got and I'm happy with the car I got.. so all in all I guess it was a good deal.

For comparison, this is the deal I just got:

http://www.developer10.com/~john/deal.jpg

what part of the country is this--if locally nobody will come close you could always just put it on a truck for less than $1000....

Oh well, I went and bought it :)

I'm happy with the deal I got and I'm happy with the car I got.. so all in all I guess it was a good deal.

Congrats on the purchase! Make sure to post up pics in the appropriate official pictures thread.

What about this deal, any opinions?

05 GT Limited Wagon 5EAT Model 5BJ

+ mirror/compass

+ armrest extension

+ cross bars

+ all weather mats

MSRP $31,938

Quoted OTD $27300.00

This is in the NYC area.

mlr

Sounds pretty good to me. Is that like $25k before tax/lic.?

What about this deal, any opinions?

05 GT Limited Wagon 5EAT Model 5BJ

+ mirror/compass

+ armrest extension

+ cross bars

+ all weather mats

MSRP $31,938

Quoted $27300.00

This is in the NYC area.

mlr

that does seem pretty reasonable, at least within a few hundred of the best i have heard of to date. it's a question of how much more you want to work to save mabye a bit more...but as was said, you never know!!

This was a no haggle sales price, they quoted and I accepted. I used fitz as a benchmark so it sounded good to me.

One thing they are offering is a 6yr/60k extended warranty for $475. You guys think its worth it?

This was a no haggle sales price, they quoted and I accepted. I used fitz as a benchmark so it sounded good to me.

One thing they are offering is a 6yr/60k extended warranty for $475. You guys think its worth it?

Is that the silver or the gold plan? I bought the 6/70 bumper to bumper for 1400 so if thats the gold plan which essentialy extends your new car warranty out to 6yr/60k and its through subaru I say most def go for it.

Check out http://www.warrantydirect.com thats what I used to price compare the warranty before I went in, and warrantydirects price for bumper to bumper for the same miles was only 200 less (then the 1400) So basiaclly if they are offering you full covrage for 475 they are giving it to you at cost.

Archived