LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy rumors from Nabisco

Now is this information coming from a reliable source like orpie_lightfoot was? Or is this another one of those my brother knows a woman who's sister is friends wtih someone on a forum who knows that Subaru is putting a navi in the '06? :lol: :lol: :D

I'm hoping this is true. I got the money ready for the retrofitting. :)

- Mike

Originally Posted by secorsubaru on the NASIOC forums:

my new info is limited to models and not content as this time.Here are a few more tid bits

2005 Outback 3.0R sedan=2006 Outback LL Bean sedan

2006 Legacy GT available in LTD only

2006 Outback XT available in LTD only

2006 Outback base 3.0R wagon added(auto only)

2006 Legacy 2.5i SE added(not sure content yet)

2006 Legacy 2.5i LTD available in 4EAT only

Sounds like they are re-branding the Outback sedan away from the 3.0R name. Perhaps for a mid-year 06 addition of a Legacy 3.0R (to clear the name confusion, perhaps?) But then the OB is getting a base 3.0R auto package, so maybe that is out the window...

Legacy GT Limited and OBXT only package seems like a bad choice. I want a limited, but there are plenty of people who do not. I am all for options, and not a single offering. Forcing people to get leather and sunroof when all they want is a Turbo seems unneccessarily restrictive, unless the GT limited price drops by about $1-1.5k, making it nearly as affordable as an 05 Base GT.

Either that, or they need to merge the 2.5i SE with the current Base GT, and offer a turbocharged, sport cloth interior, manual trans, and otherwise de-optioned for a price between the 05 2.5i Limited, and the current 05 GT. I think otherwise loosing the base turbo 5MT is a mistake.

The 2.5 SE seems like it is going to be replacing the manual version of the 2.5i Limited. Probably some slight trim changes, maybe the GT's sport seats or something.

I really hope the 500-run Spec B rumor materializes. I also hope we see one or two new colors that really pop on the Legacy. The color palette is currently too conservative and muted, even the red and blues. they need one or two new brighter colors. I would suggest brighter red or brighter blue.

The color palette is currently too conservative and muted, even the red and blues. they need one or two new brighter colors. I would suggest brighter red or brighter blue.

I agree with your comments on the colors. I ordered mine with atlantic blue and got regal blue, and dealer offered more off the price, so I settled for it.

The hardest part of deciding on the Legacy was the color. There wasn't any that really stood out.

- Mike

I wanted to know besides navi., whatelse would they offered.........:confused:

A better radio w/ MP3 compatibility and an AUX input. That's the only thing I can think of.

And I wouldn't agree with the color comment above. This isn't a "boy racer" type car like the STi or WRX. It's an upscale sedan, so muted colors suit it more IMO.

I am not saying the whole lineup should be day-glo flourescent.

But take a look at the comptetition. Mazda 6, TSX, Accord, Lexus IS300, Volvo S40, and many others... They all at least have bright red as an option, and some of them a much richer blue than the Legacy. Mazda has colors like copper and yellow as well. I am not saying that Subie should go that far, but the car needs to be awakened.

Japan shows us that WR Blue and Solid Red both look great on the legacy (WR Limited and Blitzen, respectively.) That is what I want. And it would help me pull the trigger much faster.

Take a look at the Subaru site, and look through the color palette. As a whole it is dark and muted. I just want a brighter color. I want to see my car on a cloudy day.

And I definitely don't want a WRX or STi. Fine cars mechanically, but I don't want to look like a 20 something "ricer". I want my car to look like it is owned by an adult automotive enthusiast. That is what I am, after all.

i think suby's doing a great job at keeping the info under wraps for this long...

I think they're doing a great job of keeping it under wraps too. Too bad it makes me so mad. lol. I want to make a decision about whether or not to wait for an '06, and the lack of info on what they've upgraded (if anything) isn't making it easier. IF in fact they're only offering the LGT in the limited trim level, then I definitely want to jump into an '05 as I can't stand leather seats, and it's not worth $3K for a damn sunroof IMO.

And I definitely don't want a WRX or STi. Fine cars mechanically, but I don't want to look like a 20 something "ricer". I want my car to look like it is owned by an adult automotive enthusiast. That is what I am, after all.

I totally agree with you there. And totally respect your opinion on color choices. :) I just kinda prefer the darker colors. :redface:

Archived