LegacyGT.com

What wrong with my 05 gt

andrew vento

Ok my car randomly shuts off and wont idle right, it only happens when i clear the check engine code for the o2 sensor. When i og to shift around bends it completley shuts off and i fly in the other lane. I have a k&n intake, 3inch exhaust, stage 2 clutch, aluminum flywheel, punched cats all the way around. So would it just be a tuning issue thats causing all this?

take your car to a local tuning shop asap. SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH. These cars cannot be modified without adjusting the tune. You're probably knocking like crazy and KILLING your engine. No joke. Do some reading on romraider.com.

The O2s are probably really, really out-of-whack/dead.

Plenty of us, in the early days, went around like this, without any kind of tuning - and it wasn't a problem at all. But then again, our vehicles were brand-new, off-the-lot, back then, so the O2 sensors were probably still quite stout.

Given the chronologic age of any '05, now, if you're getting codes for the O2, well, you're probably having an issue, right then and there.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived