LegacyGT.com

2005-2006 LGT colored vacuum routing diagram

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=88538&stc=1&d=1281363875

The orange line in the above diagram is wrong.

The other nipple on the front of the intake manifold should be routed through little filter disc and to the MAP sensor.

The nipple on the back side of the purge valve gets run underneath manifold and toward the back where it tees into the hose that goes to the back side intake manifold nipple and also the recirc valve (dark green line on the diagram below)

Refer to this diagram for correct routing:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=167975&d=1384657978

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Referring to this diagram:

http://parts.subaru.com/images/parts/subaru/fullsize/B13_05001575.png

Part 1AC33 seems to connect directly to the BOV and to the intake header using the small nipple on the left side of the intake manifold. If that's the case, what the hell attaches to the Blue Tee?

That is incorrect. Part# 1AC33 is the fuel pressure regulator reference line, it runs directly from the cylinder #4 intake runner to the fuel pressure regulator assembly mounted on the driver's side strut tower. Part# 14465 is the bypass valve return, which connects the bypass valve outlet to the turbo inlet. The diagram you're referencing doesn't actually display any of the "blue tee" plumbing.

The blue tee connects the bypass valve reference and EVAP purge valve reference to the back of the manifold.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

That is incorrect. Part# 1AC33 is the fuel pressure regulator reference line, it runs directly from the cylinder #4 intake runner to the fuel pressure regulator assembly mounted on the driver's side strut tower. Part# 14465 is the bypass valve return, which connects the bypass valve outlet to the turbo inlet. The diagram you're referencing doesn't actually display any of the "blue tee" plumbing.

The blue tee connects the bypass valve reference and EVAP purge valve reference to the back of the manifold.

Correct.

On a side note/question if anyone knows - I am getting ready to start my new build, and I teed off of the 1AC33 line with one tee going to my aftermarket FPR as boost reference, and the other tee running about 5ft into the cabin to my boost gauge. Should not cause any problems for the FPR right?

• 7 months later...

uhmm I have a little question I'm hung up on #4 the purge valve maybe the PO changed some lines around but I replaced the hoses and now I'm trying to put it back right but I'm stuck trying to figure out how the purge line gets back to the evap line? I think my purge control is in the car I'd have to go get it but still a bit confused.facc9e478b17c181795ee0bc47e8d091.jpg

Edit I see the other picture now had to rest my eyes :lol:

wow wtf why are the purge valve and the white thing in-line?? I'm glad I did decide to change the hoses not only was it a rat's nest while it was in the car I can't see how it was beneficial in any way.

Edited by 1-3-2-4

uhmm I have a little question I'm hung up on #4 the purge valve maybe the PO changed some lines around but I replaced the hoses and now I'm trying to put it back right but I'm stuck trying to figure out how the purge line gets back to the evap line? I think my purge control is in the car I'd have to go get it but still a bit confused.facc9e478b17c181795ee0bc47e8d091.jpg

Edit I see the other picture now had to rest my eyes [emoji38]

wow wtf why are the purge valve and the white thing in-line?? I'm glad I did decide to change the hoses not only was it a rat's nest while it was in the car I can't see how it was beneficial in any way.

The white piece in line with the purge control valve is some sort of filter.

The white piece in line with the purge control valve is some sort of filter.

I know it's a filter but in the fsm and on here does not have it and the purge valve inline together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The filter is supposed to be inline with your MAP sensor, not purge valve. It smooths out the pulses to get a cleaner signal.

You can also just delate the mechanically actuated purge valve, the main electronic one does 98% of the job anyway and it wont toss codes.

The filter is supposed to be inline with your MAP sensor, not purge valve. It smooths out the pulses to get a cleaner signal.

You can also just delate the mechanically actuated purge valve, the main electronic one does 98% of the job anyway and it wont toss codes.

Where is the main one located at? Maybe I'll delete it after I get things up and running

Where is the main one located at? Maybe I'll delete it after I get things up and running

Under the intake manifold, next to the MAP sensor and boost control solenoid. it's a two port solenoid.

Yep, you have that hooked up correctly.

The map sensor should go to the port on the front next to where you plunged the solenoid in. I think you have the pressure reference to the mechanical purge control valve plugged in there.

Why is your boost control solonoid on the same line as your MAP sensor?

Yep, you have that hooked up correctly.

The map sensor should go to the port on the front next to where you plunged the solenoid in. I think you have the pressure reference to the mechanical purge control valve plugged in there.

Why is your boost control solonoid on the same line as your MAP sensor?

Because the FSM does not show as far as I know where the MAP lines go I went by the color one here and the other one.. the second one seems to show the MAP does connect to the nipple on the intake manaifold and the purge control solenoid seems to connect on the side nipple?

The MAP sensor with the filter is suppose to connect to the nipple on the front and go under the IM to the rear using the blue T? I mean the way I have it now what's wrong with it?

The tap off the BOV line via the blue tee goes to the top of the mechanically controlled purge valve. That plugs into a nipple on the back next to the PCV and break booster nipple.

MAP sensor comes off it's own nipple on the front.

The tap off the BOV line via the blue tee goes to the top of the mechanically controlled purge valve. That plugs into a nipple on the back next to the PCV and break booster nipple.

MAP sensor comes off it's own nipple on the front.

Ok so so now for the blue tee with the factory wastegate control one line off the blue tee goes to the bov/bpv so unless I missed something the second picture shows a 3 port controlled one so where about does the factory one tie into? 2d5052054a612b7714a7aaf0afe4607a.jpg

The wastage controll stuff does not touch manafold pressure at all. It's source comes from a nipple on the turbo, it flows through the boost control valve, then a tee (NOT THE BLUE ONE), then into the wastegate.

This line should be going to to the blow off valve after the blue tee.

The wastage controll stuff does not touch manafold pressure at all. It's source comes from a nipple on the turbo, it flows through the boost control valve, then a tee (NOT THE BLUE ONE), then into the wastegate.

This line should be going to to the blow off valve after the blue tee.

I should only have two tees right the blue and black one right?

Eh, kind of three. There is a small one on the boost control lines, the blue one, and a big metal one combining the evaporative emissions lines. Then there is a metal pipe tee thing in the PCV system.

Eh, kind of three. There is a small one on the boost control lines, the blue one, and a big metal one combining the evaporative emissions lines. Then there is a metal pipe tee thing in the PCV system.

I wonder if my line is too big I can't recall the line from the turbo being 6 mm at the tee connection.